Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Now there are 2

Discussion in '1 Series M coupe (2011)' started by JoergSchuller, Apr 17, 2013.

JoergSchuller

I have one too. Valencia Orange. Only option missing is Harman Kardon sound. Love the car, but I am still getting used to it. I previously drove a Z3 M Coupe with Dinan S2 suspension, strut tower brace, engine software, cold air intake, O2 sensor, and throttle body upgrades. The 1M just isn't the same kind of go-kart. But it is faster, rarer, has room for my 4 year old daughter, and is more fuel efficient (?!?). I just wish BMW would build something as light and nimble as the Z3 M Coupe again.

kgmoodyz4

Great looking car!

MGarrison

Sounds familiar... I think we've been hearing comments like that on every successive generation of BMW since the last 2002 rolled off the line and the E21 was launched - just substitute 2002 or 320i or E30 or E36 or E46 or E92 insert-model-here for "Z3 M Coupe" in your sentence.

No doubt you'll get used to it, adaptability is a hallmark of humankind.

Nice car, btw ;)

Eldritch

Just bought one yesterday - Valencia Orange, All options, 1350 miles. Paid a premium price, of course - about 10K over invoice.
    Anyone know the part number to replace the autodimming mirror with one that also does Homelink?

MGarrison

Here's where it is in realoem.com, this is for the 1M, prod. date 12/11 - you might need to check other models/prod dates to find if there's one w/ homelink. I wouldn't know if it's a plug-n-play swap or not.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=UR93&mospid=53342&hg=51&fg=40

This seller generously lists the part number - the other question is how the homelink system works - I'm also not sure if having the mirror w/ the buttons means full functionality, like if there's wiring to some module or something elsewhere in the car &/or it's electronic systems, & if the car wasn't ordered w/ homelink, it might not have all necessary components/modules/etc. If Homelink is self-contained to the mirror & it just needs power, that'd be simple - simplicity of these types of things in BMW's is always an unexpected, pleasant surprise. The below is one ebay result, you may want to search others - I searched "BMW rear mirror homelink".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-REAR-VI...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c3c82845e&vxp=mtr

In contrast, here's a listing w/ much less detail, mentioning E82 & many others, & obviously a totally different type of attaching to the window -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-e34-e31...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43cf32137e&vxp=mtr

charlson89

Nice ride fun car to drive!