Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Mulch is like horsepower...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by steven s, Apr 13, 2013.

• Staff

steven s

When you think you have enough, you always need more.

I had a pallet full of mulch sitting in my backyard.
    I thought it would be plenty for one side of the house.
    I'm at least 10 bags short.
    Fortunately we can fit about 20 in the Mini. :)

Mrs Bee, the struggling writer, works at the type of place that might have bulk mulch and a delivery truck.....

Or, you might consider the beauty of a vintage beater pick-up for your landscaping dreams. You can't go wrong with an early 90's Toyota Pick-up....just pour in gas and forget about it.
    • Staff

steven s

Mrs Bee is spitting distance from where I live. ;)

So, she should have no problem driving the truck over and dumping the load. My local landscaper has these really cute small dump trucks for delivering a ton or two to residential lots.

Of course, one could draw parallels between how these small dump trucks relate to real dump trucks and the 1-series vs. adult sized BMW's :rolleyes:

mrsbee guest

Steven, you know there are mathematical equations to assist you in finding out exactly how much mulch you need. You'd need to find you total square foot area of said garden bed then multiply that by desired depth of mulch then determine... Wait a minute... I come here to get AWAY from work.

Besides, is it possible that a dump truck can be "CUTE"? If the dumpy in question was labeled as" cute" would a guy really want to drive one? Can you imagine pulling up to a job site and having people say "gee whiz Joe, that's one mighty cute dump truck there!" That same mentality is what drove us away from getting a work delivery van, nobody wanted to be seen driving it. The pickup is bad enough...

Hey now, my One Series is full sized enough, besides if it were any bigger there would be no room for the motorcycle in the garage. I'm willing to sacrifice back seat leg room for the motorcycle anyway.

Steven,

Let me paraphrase that for you.........

>>
    We don't have dump truck, but a pick-up instead. However, I'm not making a delivery to you, old buddy.

BTW, I have a motorcycle

Sincerely

Mrs. Bee
    >>

In other words, you're SOL on the mulch.
    • Staff

steven s

I went to Lowe's. :)
    Only big box store that has cedar mulch.
    Fit 14 bags in my hatchback nicely.
    Still 2 bags short though.

They probably helped you load it..........

MGarrison

Steven, next year you should just set up a gymkhana where the last part is to load 14 bags of mulch in a mini, drive it to your house, unload in your yard, and cross the finish line by your back door. Limit the number of entrants based on how much mulch you need.

How about two classes..............1) Bagged Mulch and 2) Bulk Mulch.

mrsbee guest

We could really bust some backs and use Rocks.jpg decorative rocks as a soil covering...

I used tumbled bluestone, approximately 16" x 24", to line the upper edge of my driveway, 90-ft long and 6-ft wide.

Of course, my landscape supply place has a delivery truck.......

mrsbee guest

Make your curb appealing with

Landscape Design By Mrs. Bee

Low low rates.

Attached Files:

CRKrieger

Oh, hell. I figured the subject would be, the more horsepower somebody claims to have, the higher the BS content.

BTW, there's a whole winter's worth of pretty pure HS sitting beside our barn free for the taking ...

My local hog farmer delivers for a small fee. You?