Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

This was share worthy

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mrsbee, Mar 30, 2013.

mrsbee guest

This was just too much to look at.

Feast your eyes on this beauty...it's a legend in these parts...

2013-03-30 16.jpg
    kgmoodyz3 likes this.

CRKrieger

I like tourings in white and I kinda' like the stripes - but pretty much nothing else here.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Aw, you gotta like the faux M badge and the extra roundel on the license-plate mount!
    • Staff

steven s

What doesn't have a ///Marketing badge on it these days?

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

I was going to snark on that, but someone likes it enough to spend a lot of $ on it, and there aren't enough Touring's around so, let's hope he/she keeps it in good shape for someone else to enjoy once he/she is ready to move on to some other form of automotive expression.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yeah, it ain't like somebody painted Motorsport stripes on it and then painted ghost flames over the stripes... IMG_2848-smaller.jpg

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

Gotta love it!

I think we need to start a trend of debadging out M-cars so that only the posers have M badges. :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

... I had the M badges off the roadster within ten minutes of getting it home...

mrsbee guest

The funniest thing about this particular cruiser was that it had been on Craigslist when I started shopping around for the "One". After scouring the online ads for what seemed like days, a title popped up saying "White BMW Wagon".

Bam, there it was. Never did I think I'd get the pleasure of seeing this thing in real life. My personal favorite part of this car was the fact there was about zero visibility out of the back windows due to groceries stacked up to the roof AND the fact I had to fit a Persimmon tree in there somewhere.

The lady was nice enough to give me her car - and ironically she runs "Greenville Head Shots". She said if I ever need a head shot done, she'd be happy to help me. Ah, where was this ridiculous machine a couple of months ago?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greenville-HeadShots/206336119408644

mrsbee guest

I'm shocked to hear that it's driven by a woman - I would never have guessed that one!

Wrong in so many ways! It would probably have been less expensive to buy a real M3!

mrsbee guest

Yeah, we're all still baffled at that one. A woman with a car seat and sleeping child, groceries, fruit tree and pimped out grill...I'm thinking she's in the witness protection program.

Bizzarre. That car would be at home many large urban areas (Philly comes to mind), but I wouldn't expect it in your neck of the woods. Well, it goes to show that you cannot judge from appearances.

I don't get the Philly connection, but the car's aesthetic does seem to be "channeling" a healthy NASCAR vibe. From that perspective, Greenville seems like a most likely home for this duckling.

MGarrison

Let's see... I like the hood stri... ah, well, no... uh, at least the wheels are... umm, nah, maybe not... the window accents and rain shields are pretty goo... ehh, nope, don't think so.... at least the headlight shades are coo... nope, actually not, they're goofy as hell... but, hey, the M-badge is swee... err, nah, too tacky... I suppose the mesh grill inserts are styli.... mmm, meh, gaudy. Final assessment: A for enthusiasm, F on aesthetics, C+ on execution.

[IMG]
    MrsBee, wellardmac and kgmoodyz3 like this.

Sums it up for me!

Spend enough time in downtown philly observing the pimped out ghettomobiles and you'll make the connection. All it needed was a pair of spinners and it would be a true Philly Special.

I live in an area where whole families dress in camo and proudly sport their favorite NASCAR number. Heck, even our elected officials show up at government functions dressed like a Cabela's mannequin and proudly dip snuff before speaking.

The point being..........everybody marches to a different drummer
    MrsBee likes this.

mrsbee guest

"Marching to their own drummer" - everybody needs a good drum solo once in a while. Just look at Led Zepplins' "Moby Dick" or heck any 12 minute plus Grateful Dead jam.

But then again, nobody likes a parade full of drums - every band needs the mopey bass player and jazzed up lead guitar. That's what makes the tapestry of morning commutes so fantastic, it's like one big marching band - albiet - some of those "instruments" should be muted.

...where was this going again?
    kgmoodyz3 likes this.