Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member in PA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Stonehands, Mar 31, 2013.

Stonehands

Greetings to all! Just became BMW CCA member with this car in Oct 2012. First time on here. I'm on my fourth BMW and second M. History includes 1998 M3 E36, 2007 550i E60 sport pack, 2010 550i E60 M sport pac and now 2013 M6 coupe F13. There were a couple of jags thrown in between. Just came back from 2 day M-school. Rates as one of my top life experiences. I was able to drive the F13 as this was the first class with them. If anybody can find the opportunity to participate, do so. I had the privilege to thrash three Ms, 3, 5 and 6. I'm a Nittany Bimmer and slowly getting exposure to the group. I appreciate the warm BMW CCA welcome as that is how I participated in the M-school. Met Jackie there in Greenville and she is absolutely wonderful. That's about it.

Stonehands

kgmoodyz4

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! Yes, Jackie the Events Lady is quite a force of nature, is she not?!

charlson89

Welcome to the club congrats on the new car!

Stonehands

P9120052.jpg
    Wonderful! She is certainly committed to the brand and our group. Knows how to make one feel special. She is well suited for the position.

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

Welcome! Which M school did you attend?

Stonehands

Possibly the same one you did. 2-3 Mar 2013. Were you there?

Yes, we were in the same class. Although, I remember a couple of people with M6s, I don't recall anyone from PA (I used to live in PA, so would have commented to you if I'd heard it when we did introductions).

DSCN0085.jpg

So, in the class photo I'm in the center, light blue polo shirt, M school jacket. :)

I loved the school - in fact may end up going back and doing it again at some point - depending on how long it takes my wife to agree to letting me do the Advanced M School. :)

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Jesus, who designed the twinkie jackets?

Stonehands

Yes we were. I am the second one over to your right with the M hat and M school twinkie jacket (as Satch put it). Did you get good videos with your GoPro? I did not realize I could use those or I would have. DSC_0277.JPG

This me on the skidpad trying to figure out which is up or down.:confused:

Ahh yes. Good to chat with you again!

Another nice photo there - gotta love these cars when they're playing in the water. :)

As for go-pro footage - The footage was decent, but I had the open back on the casing, so it had a lot of windnoise. My favorite footage was the stuff we gathered on the flash drives from the M3s. It was amazing to see the telemetry, see us pulling +1g corners and in my case hitting close to 95mph in 3rd gear... not sure I would have done that in my car. :)

They're actually pretty cool jackets - performance driving center embossed on the center of the back by the neck, M School down the left sleeve and then the M logo and "BMW Performance Driving School" embroidered on the left chest.

mrsbee guest

Yeah, they gave me a free hat when I was there the other weekend, certainly not as cool as those jackets.

Oh, have I mentioned...that's where our Chapter gets to do our Autocrosses?!?!

mattm

Nice place to run autocrosses.

Stonehands

My flash drive was corrupted. Very disappointed. I've been meaning to contact the school to see if they can assist me in fixing the problem. I was really looking forward it.:(

Oh that really sucks. I would be so annoyed. I was pretty pissed when my GoPro let me down at my first M school.

The in car video is great, but it really sucks that the software is PC only (I have macs). I had to borrow a PC to process my video.

Here are a few of mine to help re-live the action. :)

https://vimeo.com/62911723

https://vimeo.com/62911722

https://vimeo.com/61227804

...and a photo I think you might like. :)

IMG_0226.jpg

Stonehands

DSC_0173.JPG OMG! Did you take that? I have nearly the same photo as well. That's scary. Nice shot. Thanks for the memory!

You were in the #2 car along side me - we were parked in the staging area getting ready to pull out and I thought the shot looked good, so grabbed it. If you want it I can send you the full size file.

The problem I find with a lot of the shots is that it was so hard to tell in photographs who was driving once we were all in helmets.

Stonehands

I appreciate it but I have several nearly identical ones already. Thanks.