Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Looking for a Repair shop in Long Island, NY

Discussion in 'BMW' started by StevoT, May 8, 2008.

StevoT guest

Can anyone recomend a BMW repair shop in Nassau County, New York? I have a 1995 BMW 325is with the driver's side exterior door handle not work. I am able to open the door from the inside but cannot open the car from the exterior door handle on the driver's side.

Thank you in advance,
    Steve

morea3ic guest

Hi Stevo - welcome to the forum.

I don't know your area, but an automotive trim shop, dealer or independent shop should be able to fix you up.

Best.

mjweimer

The first place to check for an independent in your ares is:

http://www.bimrs.org

Next best is to attend a local CCA club meeting and ask other members where they take their cars for service.

Good Luck.

Matt

suss1173

I went to Rutners in Freeport for a different issue. I gave him a try, he has an ad in the BMWCCA chapter letter. What a disaster.... Nothing but trips back to his shop to be nickel and dimed to death on the work that was not done properly the first 3 visits....

Not trying to bad mouth any shops or people, just trying to save you some $$$.

Look for a body shop that does good work, they take apart doors often.

Bimmerdan

Did you let the newsletter editor (or advertising person if you have one) know about that? In our chapter, we'll actually pull an ad and refund the shop if we get enough negative feedback or complaints about someone.

suss1173

I did not let the editor know about the issue and looking back, I should have said somthing. :confused::

Autohaus guest

Have you tried The Little Garage?

overman13 guest

Avoid Kos Tom at all cost

Whatever you do, avoid Kos Tom in Brooklyn. Over rated and didn't stand behind the work they did.