Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

OFest registration and "Your Garage"?

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2013' started by dly17, Feb 27, 2013.

dly17

What is the purpose of "Your Garage"? And why must I include my complete VIN in order to enter a car? (Sounds like PCA) And why must one have a car in "the garage" prior to registering for OFest? What information are you capturing, and who is going to get it? Why am I so suspicious?

I used to drive my parents nuts asking "Why?" all the time...

David
    • Staff

steven s

The VIN will auto populate the fields.
    You do not need to enter the VIN.

This way the car is available for other events being registered through the website.

MGarrison

Good to know, I too was put off by the VIN input; I don't mind having a vehicle in the 'Garage', although not sure about the benefit added, perhaps seems like more hoops just to have to jump through for registering for O'Fest, but will save that judgment after registering.
    • Staff

steven s

The primary reason regarding the VIN is for when we have roadside assistance. It might also be used with the membership rewards rebate program.

The VIN is a requirement by the company providing the service.

You can also list mods in the garage so they don't have to be reentered with each registration.

SweetP Inland Empire Chapter, MT

Does an Associate Member need his/her Garage added in order to register for O'fest, if it will be a husband and wife sharing a car already in the Member's Garage for the Driving School days?

Also, is there a limit to the number of participants for each Driving School?
    • Staff

steven s

To be honest, I don't know how this is all going to work. It's completely new this year.

After you register you will be able to register your associate.
    There is also an option to register a guest, but we would like you to register her an an associate so we have better history.

She will need the same vehicles listed in her garage to be made available.
    Follow the instructions for login.

The only times we need to know what vehicle you have are for events.
    There will a max of 35 students in each of 4 run groups.

thedge9

So if my wife is coming, but not entering any driving events such as car control clinic or HP school, does she need to register as a guest?
    • Staff

steven s

At the end of your registration there should be an option to register a guest or your associate member. We'd like for you to select associate member. There would be no need to have any cars listed if all she is attending or the social stuff.

SweetP Inland Empire Chapter, MT

At this point, is it known how many times each of the 4 run groups will be on the track each day and/or how long each session will be?
    • Staff

steven s

It is not. Typically you can run 4 sessions at 25 minutes each.
    We only have the track until 4:30pm. I think first care on track is at 9:00am.
    That may mean 3 sessions.

Track time will be maximized as much as possible.