Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

How do I post WITHOUT having to link to something like Flickr...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Satch, Feb 7, 2013.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Somebody explain again how to insert a photo into a post WITHOUT having to link to something like Flickr...

MGarrison

Well, the "upload" button will basically attach it to the post - if you're using something windows based, you could upload it to the BMWCCA site's "your garage" section and use that as a pic placeholder instead of flickr or whatever. If you're wanting to show a picture that's elsewhere on the internet, you don't have to capture it, save it, and upload it to something (at least, not particularly) - if you're using windows (or, at least XP and probably WIN7 or other Windows OS's) depending on your browser (I use Firefox) you may be able to right-click an image, click "View Image Info", and when that screen pops up, copy and past the url shown for the picture (ie - Location: http://blahblahblah/etcetcetc/imagename) into your post and use the bb-board brackets and img tags to get the image to show in your post. Downside to that is, if the image goes away from wherever it is on the 'net, it won't show in your post anymore. YMMV!

mattm

Just tested it. The pic is of the 1M Coupe after digging it out from this past weekend's snowstorm in Connecticut. 2013-02-09_16-52-18_558 (Small).jpg
    This was an upload from my desktop. Nothing fancy. I'm on a Wintel machine running Win 7, IE8, blah, blah. No need to use the "in-house" garage.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

When I try to bring in an image using "upload a file," I get this:

Attached Files:

Satch SoSoCalifortified

So what am I missing here?

mattm

Op Error. :p Click full image (I think that is what is was) and not thumbnail. Maybe the system is smart enough to keep your "mug" off the site. :D

mattm

IMG_2430.JPG
    Yup click "full image" and it uploads the whole pic. In this case it is the "before" picture (before digging out. Yes there is a 1M in there).

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Hmm: Let me try again...

Lou Ann Shirk Piper.JPG

Dohhh! "Full image" it is! Thank you!

mattm

See? Op error.
    BTW some guy is standing in front of your car blocking the view.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

He COULD be smiling because I am behind him in the car, fondling his butt-tocks (as Forrest Gump would put it)...

mattm

TMI :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I keep looking at the 1M in the snow bank, and I think there are SOME people who shouldn't be ALLOWED to have childre---uh, to own a 1 Series M coupe!

MGarrison

My mental windshield could stand to be wiped clean now, please... :eek:
    MrsBee likes this.

mattm

My cars are meant to be driven. That means at autocrosses, in rain, and yes snow. Mine does quite well with the Blizzaks. I'm about to hit 30,000 wonderful miles. I enjoy that car on every drive. No garage queen for me. :p

mattm

PS: That is a parking lot, not a snow bank. Though I will agree it is darned tough to tell.