Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

1990 525 i

Discussion in 'E34 (1989-1995)' started by jose4261, May 7, 2008.

jose4261 guest

hello alll i am new to the club i am on my third beemer first two were 1985 325e loved them both sold the first to buy the second and it got stolen on to the third 1990 525i i am looking to see how big a wheel i can put on the e 34 i would like to go a plus 4 19 inch if possible i have a friend with a new 325 that replaced his old 19's and gave them to me the back fit with about an inch and a half to spare the front hits the strut tower but i have been told i can use a spacer look forward to anyone helping me thank you avid beemer man. if you or know some one that has a 525 with bigger than oem wheels please let me know thanks

squish guest

wheels and tires

my 90 525i has 2002 wheels 17 inch with 235r 45s looks and handles great and no rubbing

kevin

az3579

Bimmer, mate, bimmer. Beemers are the motorcycles. ;)

Tire Rack lists 18's as the largest for your vehicle. I don't know if you could go larger than that. My brother had an E39 that he put 19's on and after a few days, his $4000 rims were bent beyond belief. You might want to be wary of putting such large rims on if you live in a city or travel to a city at any time.

jose4261 guest

thank you kevin do you have any pics i am leaning then to a smaller wheel tho 19's would have been nice

jose4261 guest

thank you mate do yo have pics of your bothers car WITH the 19's from bimmer man LOL

az3579

He sold his car a while back. He hasn't used it for 2 years so it got sold due to financial difficulty.

Click on the description to view picture.
    Closeup
    Side View
    Another shot

VA_John

15" is OE. 16" is ugly. 17" is comfortable. 18" is the max on the E34.