Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Race car transport to Monterey

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2013' started by sammammano, Dec 30, 2012.

?

Are you interested in shipping your car to Monterey?

YES , I live in NE 1 vote(s) 100.0%
YES , I live in Midwest 0 vote(s) 0.0%

sammammano

Wondering if anyone is currently working on arranging shipping race cars to & from Monterey ?
    NE area - Rochester, NY
    • Staff

steven s

Bill Wade was looking into something.

Sort of related: I've looked into transporting my car from Georgia, and it's looking like it's just not financially feasible. I'm wondering if anyone in a chapter(s) local to O'fest would be interested in sharing their car with a member from Peachtree Chapter (Atlanta). What are the chapters local/near to O'fest? Can anyone put me in contact? Thanks, Mark McGriff (Crime Dog)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Golden Gate, Sierra, Central Cal, Sacramento Valley, LA Chapter, San Diego Chapter... you could share the roadster, but they won't let us on the track! :(

MGarrison

Also, you might dig up their chapter websites, which are almost undoubtedly more frequently frequented by local locals than here, and/or any chapter facebook pages or message forums, and see if anyone's game.

m5er

Hey Mark,
    I just spoke to the DAS shipping company (2/18/13) the club sent a link to. $888 to ship the M5 from Mableton, GA to Livermore CA. Livermore is about 100 miles from Monterey. Mableton and Livermore are hubs for the shipping company. So your car would be at a secure place until you pick it up. We could always find a 4 car trailer and have a road trip!
    Gary Beck

cincyone

I did some looking earlier with Bill Wade. Talked with Passport Transport and Reliable. Both quoted us .50/mile with a full trailer (enclosed / 6or7 cars) all cars picked up at the same location and dropped at Laguna Seca. So, round trip from say Cincinnati about $2500. If there is a reasonable interest we can find what are the drop dead reservation dates.

m5er

The DSA shipper that BMWCCA sent us info about wants $880 from Atlanta one way. That's not door to door.
    Car is taken to the local distribution center and picked up at their center in Livermoor CA. 100 miles from Monterey. To much for me when you consider the cost to get there and the expenses of Ofest.

instantfob

ralphwarren

Now that there's no club race, my cars are available. They are probably not much more than transporting your car.

Car 1 is a 2008 BMW 135i. It weighs 3100 lbs with 385 hp and 400 ft/lbs of torque. The car uses 17x9 wheels with 255-40-17 R-Compound tires. This car has been prepared to the H-Sport rules in Club Racing and has 2 seats with matching harnesses. This car should be familiar to those of you who have watched any of the O’fest club races at Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Road America, Barber or Mid-Ohio. The cost of the 135i is $950 per day.

Pics of the 135i are here…
    http://tinyurl.com/aoown64

Car 2 is a 2008 BMW M3. It weighs 3300 lbs with 445 hp and 380 ft/lbs of torque. The car uses 18x10.5 wheels with 275-35-18 R-Compound tires. This car has been prepared to the G-Prepared rules in Club Racing (full aero, big brakes) and has a single driver seat only. This car would be for an instructor or a student that has been signed off (i.e. no passenger). The cost of the E90 M3 is $1250 per day.

Pics of the E90 M3 are here…
    http://tinyurl.com/ahcd3r9

Here are a few hot laps of the E90 M3 at Laguna Seca…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uodEk64SHQI

Here are a few laps of it in challenging conditions at Mid-Ohio…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igzCHfBzgro

Both cars are guaranteed to pass the strict 92db sound limit at Laguna Seca. They are both easy to drive and would have a comfortable feel to anyone familiar with driving BMWs. Both cars are gutted but still retain most factory comfort and ergonomics features (lights, wipers, adjustable seat, adjustable steering wheel, heater box, etc).

Both cars will be delivered to Laguna Seca and are available for any of the 4 driver school days. Cost of the rental includes track support, use of our aluminum stacker trailer and 15'x40' canopy.

If you are interested in more information about renting either of these cars, reach out to me at ralph.warren "at" cox.net

Thank You,
    -Ralph Warren