Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member in Atlanta area

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Legalice, Nov 26, 2012.

Legalice 2006 X3

Just bought a used X3 and love it. This is only my second BMW and first I have had since the mid-90 s. it is a E83 2006 with 60k miles. According to Carfax I am the 3rd owner. It has a few scratches on front bumper but otherwise may as well be brand new inside and out. I drove home to Kentucky over the holiday weekend and will never own another car brand.

It was fantastic on the drive each direction. I can't believe it took me almost 20 years to get another BMW. I am also surprised I was not arrested on the way back to Georgia as I was well over the posted limit.

Looking forward to talking, driving with, and meeting other owners in the area. My wife and I will be interested in meeting folks once we move our family down after school is out this summer.

Love the Alpharetta area and can't wait to find a house after we sell ours in Louisville, KY.

Friendly area...love it almost as much as my new X3!

charlson89

Welcome to the club congrats on the x3. What kind of BMW did you have before?

mrsbee guest

You'll love the Peachtree Chapter, I promise. They throw some amazing events, like the HPDE event just last month. Jason is a super cool dude and last year they had a really neat concourse in the spring.

---> just an aside, make sure you check out "The Vortex" whilst adventuring in Atlanta. You'll thank me for it later.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! I see you've already met some of our more colorful inmates!
    • Staff

steven s

Wasn't that with Audi or did you do another DE?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Hey, don't be too hard on the Audi guys. . . I've instructed at an Audi school or two! (Or maybe they combined theirs with ours....)
    • Staff

steven s

I did an Audi school once. The region I did was a fun bunch. A bit slower compared to BMW though. :)

mrsbee guest

It was a DE, a good one too...until I ran out of gas.

The car was pretty tired too.