Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Using Regular Octane in my E60

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by mrgermain, Nov 4, 2012.

mrgermain

Due to the recent Hurricane Sandy tragedy that the Tri-State and the fuel shortage in NY and NJ, I had a half a tank of 93 octane but most gas stations in NY only had Reg not even 91 so I filled up the rest of my tank with the Reg due to the gas shortage, will this mess up my engine because this is the first time I've put Reg octane since I've purchased the car and also I still have half of the 93 octane from before still in my tank so I was just concerned I hope someone can answer this for me???

spencer500

Sort term, it will not be a problem. You may feel some performance differences, but don't worry about damaging the car. You have other items to worry about I would imagine right now.
    mrgermain likes this.
    • Staff

steven s

Probably nothing to worry about although I probably would have put in some octane boost or whatever it's called.
    mrgermain likes this.

charlson89

Not an issue at all if by mixing it your probably getting a 92 to 91 octane actually. If you still feel uneasy about it like Steven said add some octane boost to the tank found at any local auto parts store.
    mrgermain likes this.

mrgermain

Thank you all for your replies...I was really worried. I will def purchase the "octane boost"...

mrgermain

Yes indeed I have so much more items to worry about...but just didn't want the E60 to be added to the list of them...thanks again I really appreciate it.