Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Sources for a Euro E24 Bumper/Airdam combo

Discussion in 'E24 (1977-1989)' started by 47882, Jul 19, 2012.

I crashed my '83 Euro 635CSi a couple of months ago (I rear ended someone). Fortunately, there is no frame damage but the right front of the car is completely damaged. I found a donor car locally but it's a world car ('88 "American" E24). All the sheet metal parts (fenders, nose, hood, radiator, etc) transfer to the Euro BUT not the bumper/airdam combo. I need a Euro version of this part. I've exhausted the California wrecking yards (Autobahn Parts, Double 02, etc). No luck. Does anyone have any leads on where to look for a Euro bumper/airdam? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is an amazing car that is (was?) near concourse condition with a Schrick racing cam that is as fast as an M6 but lighter and more lithe. I'd love to get it back on the road.
    Thanks,
    John Gilbert
    Golden Gate Chapter
    tympani@ix.netcom.com
    510-525-3323

1982 Euro 635CSi
    1986 635CSi
    1974 3.0 CSi

MGarrison

I'm guessing not likely to find something that's likely that rare, but you can look on the German Ebay (ebay.de), and use google translate to convert to English (more or less). Perhaps try and find message boards for any BMW club(s) or for your model in Germany, and use google translate to pose the question to someone over there. Here, if the club has a special interest group for E24's, I'd hit them up for any leads. You can set Ebay to email you daily search results, and it wouldn't seem likely, but you can use searchtempest.com to do a nationwide search of craigslist ads. If you could find any leads up in Canada.....

Good ideas! I follow up. I may have found one in a wrecking yard in NY. I'm waiting for them to send a picture. But the idea of ebay.de is a good one. Actually, I don't need Google translate because I lived in Germany and I'm fluent in the language. I tried emailing several of the chapters for leads but go nowhere. Many thanks!!! Your name sound familiar. Are you in California?

MGarrison

Ohio - been here on the forums for awhile, though.

CRKrieger

alpinaman

i have two

one is cracked can be repaired $350 i have a perfect condition one in silver $800

Thanks, but you're a little late. I found one for $350 that was in good shape (it needed some repair of the airdam). It's now on the car and I'm finished with the repair/restoration as of 2 weeks ago. Larry Nelson and Andy Schank (SF Bay Area) did a superior job in resurrecting what was likely to have been a total. Here are before/after images Before-After.jpg

Attached Files:

alpinaman

yea very nice job .. yea mine i have for 350 needs repair on the air dam but the one thats 800 is very very very very clean
    but nice job on the body work from theese pictures thumbs up !

Oh, do I wish you had contacted me 3 months ago! I would have paid $800 for a pristine bumper/airdam. That $350 one I got needed $700 worth of work to make it perfect. And it has this big-ass DOT support that blocks all the bolts behind the bumper. I had a line on a different one from Connecticut but they guy was total flake and some of the chrome were doilies. I'm happy with my result though. $11k repair of which Allstate paid about $10k

MGarrison

Lookin' good now - very nice!

dschultz 07 Z4 M Coupe

Sehr schön!

Danke, danke!
    Once again, many thanks to all of you who offered help in finding a bumper/airdam (even if a little late ;-)