Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Got my F1 tickets today

Discussion in 'Pro Racing' started by mmbmz3, Oct 23, 2012.

mmbmz3 guest

See you in Austin!

mrsbee guest

Hooray! I'll be there too! Where are your seats and where are you staying? We all opted to stay in San Antonio and commute, but certainly there will be some shenanigans whilst in Austin.

It should me an amazing track, and looking ahead to the 2013 ALMS calendar, seeing the RLL boys on that circuit should be pretty neat too.

But I do have to ask, who do you pull for now that BMW isn't in the F1 race? (fingers crossed, don't say Schumi)

03BeastCharmer

Is RLL planning on fielding M3's in ALMS next year? The rules were so against us this year, and with the car going out of production, I heard they might not compete. I'd love to see them in my home state, I'm just preparing for the worse.

mrsbee guest

I haven't heard anything otherwise, although the Motorsports manager has retired, there is a replacement lined up, and after picking his brain on what's going to happen next year, I didn't hear anything about the end of RLL as we know it.

mmbmz3 guest

My first F1 race was incredible! Can't wait to do it again.

Does anyone know who the track announcers were?

mrsbee guest

I do, I believe Creamer was one of them..gag..I really don't like that guy! The most annoying part of the entire race for me were the announcer. There was one point and time that he said "I'm not sure what they're doing right now" during the warm up lap. It was ridiculous.

I had a pretty awesome time too, except for the whole busing situation. Hey, at least I got to meet a bunch of random strangers.

Funny F1 story, the second and third day I had my picture taken about a zillion times by stark raving lunatic fans that thought I was an umbrella girl of some sort. Alright, truth be told I did have a gigantic flag on the end of a very long stick, but still...