Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member, GGC, ActiveE Electronaut and X3 driver

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by murraystokely, Oct 22, 2012.

murraystokely

Hi everyone, wanted to take a few moments to introduce myself.

We're now a 2-BMW household with a 2012 X3 and an all-electric 1-series ActiveE. I blog a bit about our experiences with the ActiveE here :

http://siliconvalley-activee.blogspot.com/

I just got back from the 2-day car control school at BMW's Performance Center in South Carolina and had an absolute blast. We're now on the market for a sportier car to have some fun with on the weekends and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in person at bay area meetups or track days.

- Murray

mrsbee guest

Hey, welcome to the club!!! I love hearing stories of people coming to the performance Center and just grinning at the fact that it's right here in my own back yard. I hope sincerely to get out there and actually take the course sometime, until then, I'll just beat my one around on the track.

I think it's super that all of the active e owners are so captivated by owning one that they have stories to share about them. That is a true indicator of an enthusiast! We love enthusiasts around here!

Again, that's for being part of our club!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! I am sure you have already met Don Louv, another Bay Area electrified gearhead. If not, drop me a note at satch AT satch DOT us and I'll put you in touch with him...

dschultz 07 Z4 M Coupe

Welcome fellow bay area-ite! I also recently got my fun-on-the-weekends car. If you haven't already, check out the Golden Gate Chapter site (http://www.ggcbmwcca.org). There's a monthly Cars & Coffee in the south bay, driving tours, a dyno day coming up in January, car control clinics, autox, HPDEs, etc. (Have you dynoed the your ActiveE? Can you even do that?) Looking forward to meeting you at an event soon!

MGarrison

Welcome to the club! I think you may be the first E-bimmer driver we have here on the forums, will be interesting to follow your experience!
    MrsBee likes this.

charlson89

Welcome to the club!

murraystokely

Hi everyone. The Dyno day seems really interesting for the ActiveE. I wish I had dyno measurements from before the last service as they gave it a software update which seems to have reduced acceleration somewhat (such is the pitfall of experimental cars). Looks like there are some videos of various EV cars on dynos posted on YouTube.

I posted on the http://bmwactivatethefuture.com/ ActiveE forum to see if anyone has put their ActiveE on a dyno. I'm certainly game to try it.

Otherwise yea, will try to make an event soon if not the dyno event then something else.

murraystokely