Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2003 Z4 air bag light

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by gordo, Oct 20, 2012.

gordo

Recently I repaired a loose drivers side window on my Z4. To tighten the loose window bolt, I removed the air bag. I then had to move the window to align the bolt to the access hole. I turned the ignition on to power the window without the air bag being plugged in. This turned the air bag light on. I now know better but its too late, the lights on. The dealer says he needs to check it out first to make sure its ok before resetting it. Seems to me that if its bad it won't reset. Its not bad . I can't bring myself to spend $130.00 at the dealer for them to spend 10 seconds to push a button on a reset tool. I'm told some reset tools won't reset this car. Any idea what reset tool will work and where can I buy,rent,borrow or use one?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Where are you? It might be possible to find an independent with a computer...

gordo

gordo

This is my first time using this or any forum. I hope I'm doing this right. My name is

Gordon Ross
    Norfolk, Mass.

charlson89

Most good aftermarket scanners can clear an airbag light in your vehicle, such as OTC, SOLUS. This may be a good time to also invest in a scan tool for yourself they intal cost is high but they pay out huge in the end. If not talk to some of the independent shops they should be able to clear it for you.

BimmerBrad

Check with your local BMW CCA Chapter. They will often have a a reset tool (and a few experts) you can borrow. This one should be closest to you: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org

gordo

Great suggestion, however I've tried it. Sent the same post to Boston-BMWCCA.org on October 18 2012----still waiting for a reply.