Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

I knew better, but I did it anyways

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by mrsbee, Sep 6, 2012.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yeah, why wear out your own Brillo pads when theirs are bigger?

MGarrison

I have recently concluded that the paint on my E30 really is a rare and exclusive color, long pre-dating what BMW has recently brought into vogue; "Frozen" Bronzit. Since it's taken years to achieve this state of pigmentary nirvana, I've been forced to conclude that actually washing the vehicle would destroy what has undoubtedly become a priceless and invaluable 'patina'. :p So priceless, in fact, that one could hardly place a value estimation upon it.

mrsbee guest

That's the spirit. I am going to adopt your sunshiny attitude and look at the acid spots on the One and think to myself, these aren't zits, they are freckles that popped out due to all those glorious days tearing up roads in the rain. Rain freckles.

Now, the crease in the back bumper, I'm just going to call that creative aerodynamic engineering.

And, Satch, you're right. Why use MY muscles and MY brillo pads when I can make somebody else get all grimy and tired. I have Spaten to drink.

bluewagon

Satch I'm back. Wow--- All the hard working people out there, doing this and that to their cars, When all you have to do is use Wet Paint. it goes on paint, hard plastic ,Windows,( inside and outside - as long as your windows are not tinted , then outside only, wheels. Brake dust will not stick. You can wipe dust off with a Swiffer duster.
    bluewagon
    Ps This car has not been washed since March of 2009

mrsbee guest

http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/index.html

That stuff?

"It’s a carefully conceived, full-bodied, concours performer capable of out-muscling brands old enough to grow beards."

Anything that uses the word "beard" in its product schpeil has me sold.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I have to explain Mister Blue Wagon, Nikki. The exchanges between me (and others) and our anonymous Florida Wet Paint fanatic go back several years. I have no credibility in this regard because I really did use Lemon Pledge on my first car, and I championed the use of WD-40 to remove bugs and tar. Some people get irate when he starts to tout this particular snake oil, but I just glance at a button I used to wear in my rebellious days:

I used to be disgusted. Now I am merely amused.

mrsbee guest

You know, you know, my gut usually doesn't lie to me, and something about the flashing font at the bottom of the screen made me a tiny bit leery. I've been accused of being paranoid, I've been accused of even being pretty anal about the one, but I also have a pretty good history of being gullible.

My first instinct is to always be aware of anything that seems too good to be true. That seemed almost like a sales pitch my ex husband used to use to try and sell...Well...whatever the he'll he was trying to sell at that particular time.

Ugh,salesmen.

For this moment, I'm just going to look forward to my awesome Thursday mornings of washing the car with my coffee in my hand.

bluewagon

It must be great to know all about a product before you have even tried it.
    I really do not care what you do to your cars. You can even wash them with coffee for all I care.
    bluewagon

mrsbee guest

Does that work?!?! I'm pretty open for ideas!

:)

bluewagon

Yes it Does work. go to the website wetpaintglaze.com.read about it Talk to Steve. Tell him Harry said to try it.
    My car is in their Gallery.
    bluewagon

tonywaters

I think she meant the coffee wash.

MGarrison

I know this much, if I ever want to hire someone to be an infinitely and eternally tireless and persistent, almost pesky, salesman, it's gonna be that guy. Blue, I appreciate your enthusiasm, your appreciation of your BMW, and your being a member and participation in the club, even if, after hearing your product duly recommended by you so many times that I can't even keep track, I don't ever need or want to hear about it ever again.

mrsbee guest

I would almost go as far as to say a "Free Sample" is on order to make a believer out of me. I'd love to put it to the test on our dump truck. It could use a factory fresh shine. I'm willing to be the guinea pig here.

I agree with above comment, I know I feel very passionate about the things that I'm passionate about. I know for a fact there have been times that I've born people to death talking about the importance of micro-nutrients in the soil - which improves over all plant health. The product packaging of said product is ridiculous "Superthrive" its called. Its had the same packaging since 1923, maybe a little change, but not much. Its a hard sell once the client actually sees the product. I usually get laughed at.

I apologize, and please accept it. My humor can be a bit brash at times, and sometimes at the expense of others feelings.
    superthrive.jpg

MGarrison

Satch SoSoCalifortified

At least we know our Wet Paint friend is Harry...

bluewagon

And a good friend of Joe Chamberlain. And lived my first 68 years in Massachusetts.
    and if you are into BMWCCA you know of Circle Tire and the people that worked there.
    What else would anyone like to know.

mrsbee guest

I've always been really curious about this:

What exactly IS the meaning of life and is it really worth worrying about how clean my car is?

When I die, will I be cast upon the fires of hell because I have swirl marks in my paint?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

In answer to your question, I am going to descend to the garage and clean the roadster---yes, even the wheels. I have to drive up to a Ferrari affair next week, and I don't want the tifosi to sneer.

They probably use Wet Paint.

mrsbee guest

Oops, excuse me excuse me. This silly auto correct makes me sound like even more of a bone head than normal.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Hey! It turns out that the stuff I've been using to clean these heaps is indeed the Optimum No-Rinse mentioned by... by... by somebody who goes by the handle of asus389. And it's sold by those Auto Geek people: http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html