Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member Stillwater, MN

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by pacman3, Oct 11, 2012.

pacman3

Greetings!
    Just bought a 1989 Cinnabar Red 635CSI with only 19000 miles on it down in Atlanta. Drove it north to its new home here in the snow country where I will have it tucked safely away in my heated garage until the snows melt! What a ride she is!! I have two questions: any sort of "fix" for a couple of cracks on the dashboard up by the parcel tray? I have purchased a dash mat as a temporary fix but would like other options. Secondly-is there another kind of steering wheel I can purchase to replace the standard one that I find a little too overwhelming with all the black plastic? My other fine bimmers have been a '73 2002tii, '80 528i, '94 3-Series convertible and a '02 530i-all terrific rides. This "new" one I am keeping FOREVER!

CRKrieger

No good fixes for the dash cracks except to get a new one. The very few that change hands generally do so for something in the $500-600 range. And then you've got to change it ...

I would expect a leather-wrapped M Sport wheel in your Six. If it isn't, either somebody swapped it for a cheaper (528e or some such) plastic wheel or somebody stripped off the leather. All post-1985 E28 and E24 wheels will fit unless yours is an airbag wheel, in which case - I've got nothin'.

charlson89

Congrats on the car and welcome to the club.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome indeed! How did you find such a low-miles 635CSi?!