Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E46 M3 wheels for an xi

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Autohaus, May 2, 2008.

Autohaus guest

I might be purchasing a set of real OEM M3 wheels. The fronts will fit my wifey's 2003 325xi, however, the rears will not because of the staggered size. I heard that the rear fenders have to be "rolled". How is this done? I also might purchase a set of aftermarket E46 M3 wheels in 17 inch size which will fit all for corners (this is the ideal purchase). Is it possible to install those 17 inch up front and put the 18 inch M3 front rims on the back of the xi? So basically I would have 17 up front and 18 in the rear. I know I will suffer from increased tire wear as I cannot rotate. Think I should do that or go the easiest route and just get the 17's?

bradley01 guest

From what I understand, you are going to run into inner clearance issues. The offset is too negative for your xi. you can get a set of replica M3 wheels that are not staggered. This would mean that you could have all 4 wheels one size and not have it look retarded with two wheels being larger than the others! :D

Kind of like this
    [IMG]

HahahaHaHa

Autohaus guest

That is funny. However, not as funny as kids in my area who think that their Honda Civics can go zero to 60 in 2 seconds. I think I will just get the 17's then. Though the 18's in the rear and the 17's up front wouldn't be that bad as the pic though. Could that be the same car in Wayne's World?!

az3579

No... I think the Wayne's World car is an AMC Pacer but I don't remember completely. Haven't seen it in years.

You don't know what a Civic is until you live where I do. Every 3rd car, almost literally, is a Honda Civic. 95% of the Civics here have one mod or another and almost all of the modded ones have these repulsive "Altezza" lights in the rear and really annoying blue headlights and rims that look bigger than the car itself. Some even have those stupid looking "rocket ship" hole-thingies in the rear bumper.

Oh and half of them sound like they're desperately deprived of air when they shift. The other half sound like massive farts as they pass by. Every time I hear one coming down the street, I think to myself "I smell rice!"

bradley01 guest

Our county sherrif has started to enforce the "loud exhaust" law because of those freakin ricers! There's one that drives by my house every day that I can set a clock to!
    Chris, make sure you get the non-staggered ones! The others wont fit!

Personally, I would go with CSL reps:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487635

Autohaus guest

Thanks for the advice. Oh by the way, a true sports car is rear wheel drive. All wheel drive cars (Audi, xi bimmers, etc...) are sport cars as well. Front wheel drive cars are NOT sport cars. So the only honda's that are true sport cars are the Acura NSX and the S2000.

bradley01 guest

I don't know...my friend's '07 Acura TL type S has ~300 hp and is a fine-tuned sport machine! Kicks the balls off my ride! :mad:

bradley01 guest

Chris,

I would also consider the M-Parallel wheels:

[IMG]

Me likey!

az3579

Well, the TL does have a touring car variant, if my memory serves me correctly. It can't be all that bad if it's got a racing version. :rolleyes:

bradley01 guest

Mmmmmmmmm! :eek: