Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tracking of a Ordered Car

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by bmwjimmy, May 1, 2008.

bmwjimmy guest

Hi All, I have a question on tracking a new car. has anyone here ordered a car and tracked it on-line. I just checked my status and it is waiting for transport. I guess depending on your location, I am in the New England area.

How long for:
    Waiting For Transport
    En Route
    At Preparation Center (which I think in my case NJ)
    At My BMW Center

Thanks for any help. I ordered a 335i Convertible at the begining of April and last week we had 70 degress days here and I am just getting a little excited
    [IMG]

kkratoch

Enjoy it! I'm sure it will be a blast.

johnh

Congrats. Your car will go to Jersey City, though the shipping company will refer to it as NY. The departure port is Bremerhaven. Your sales rep can find this info, though their interest in keeping purchasers informed varies. You can go to the website below to find the ship the car will be on. If you have your VIN, which you should have by now, you can plug it into the cargo ID slot. Once it's on a ship, it will show which one and you can find ship the schedule. The Atlantic crossing takes a couple weeks and it should move through the Vehicle Preparaton Center to your dealer in a week or so.

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do?trackType=RoRo

bmwjimmy guest

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info. I just checked that site out and seeing that the next ship departs on the 5th of may. I will have to check to see if it is on that ship or the one that departs on the 8th of may. so it looks like maybe by the last week in may I will get it.;)

Lori S guest

I have a production number.
    Is there a way to track it that way?

bmwjimmy guest

tracking your BMW

Yes, if you have your production number. You have to sign in or sign up with the BMW Members site https://www.bmwusa.com then click on My Account, and then overview
    [IMG]
    then you will see
    [IMG]
    Click on track my BMW and you will see
    [IMG]
    and you can only track the 6 different stages

Thanks to JohnH once it show En Route I will be able to see what ship it is on

Lori S guest

Mine says En Route but that's as far as I can get.

Then again that's quite a bit farther than I was.
    Thanks.

bmwjimmy guest

Like JohnH said if you get your VIN number you can track which ship it is on. I don't have my VIN number, the BMW web-site just changed last weekend and now there isn't a way to check on-line. Or at least I don't know how to retrieve but I check it ever day, so as soon as it changes to En Route I will then know what ship it is on and then track it that way.

If my car makes it on the ship Monday it will only take 12 days :), because that ship hits 3 ports before hitting my port (New York) but if it doesn't make that ship and makes the ship going out on the 8th then that ship takes 14 days :( because it hits 4 ports before hitting my port.

bmwjimmy guest

En Route

Well my car didn't make the ship that left on May 5th, but it did make the ship going out tomorrow on the 8th. Should land in NY on the 22nd and I should be taken delivery on the 28th or 29th of May :).

jesimmons guest

Congrats. Just went thru all this in February myself. Tracking it till it arrives adds an extra dimension to the excitement of getting the car. Enjoy it when it gets here!

BTW - it looks like you ordered Platinum Bronze - my favorite too! :)

Lori S guest

What does Multi Contour mean?

Here's what I learned about my car today. It was built on 4/5/08.
    It was scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on 4/12.
    It actually left on 4/13. It was supposed to arrive in Oxnard California today but now it says May 10th.
    The Vessel it is on is called GRUS.

How do I find out where GRUS is right now?

Lori S guest

:D Never mind.
    She faked me out.
    She's here. I pick her up tomorrow.

bmwjimmy guest

congratulations

Have fun with your new baby. I still have to wait another 2 weeks for mine. the ship should be landing in New York on the 23rd of this month. I still never got then VIN number from my sales person, but I am just going by when the status changed from waiting for transport and en route. In the back of my mind I am hoping that there was just a delay in changing the status to en route and it made the first ship leaving that week, which would mean it is landing in New York today.

Bimmerdan

Once you have the name of the ship, you can go to this site and track it's position on a daily basis (be careful though, it can be addictive...ask me how I know!!):

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

bmwjimmy...I'm not sure if it's changed or not but I actually got my VIN off of the Owners Circle, not from my salesperson. I kept checking the order details and one day it showed a VIN. The salesperson should be able to give it to you though, and they can definitely get you the name of the ship it's on.

bmwjimmy guest

BMW Owners Circle WebSite

They changed the BMW Owners Circle WebSite and I can't find where the production number and or the VIN Number. If you know where this would be on that new website, could you let me know. Thanks

Bimmerdan

Wow, I'll say they changed it!? This was the first time I had logged on in a while and I had to completely rebuild my entire profile/logon/password/etc...

I don't see where you can find your VIN on there anymore, they don't have anywhere near the same options they used to . I guess you will have to depend on your salesperson to get it for you now?

CryNoMo guest

I find it the same way, I've been plugging in my Production no. and its showing me an 06 AW 525i, When I ordered 08 M3. The CA & the 800 no. gives the best information about tracking your cars progress.

bimini

E92 production/delivery timeline

I ordered a E92 in Indiana and have had the following time line:
    April 18, Order Placed
    April 25: Production number assigned
    May 1: Production started
    May 10: Production complete
    May 14: In German port, awaiting transport
    May 25: En route (at sea).
    May 28: BMW website eventually shows "En route" (3 day delay in reporting)
    June 8*: Expected date of arrival in US port
    June 15* Anticipated Pick-up at dealer

I spoke to my salesperson May 28. He gave me the ship (the Emden of the K-line company and the cargoID number, departed May 25 and had been at sea for 3 days. I'll try to update with actual dates for US arrival and delivery. But the bottom line on the ordering timeline is: more or less 2 months from your order to your garage. And expect the BMW web site to be a few days behind reality.

bmwjimmy guest

My car got to the port last Thursday the 22nd :) {at preparation center} and still hasn't changed status:(. I am only 3 hours away from New Jersey, I would go and pick it up if I could. I don't know what they do at the Preparation Center. With my Convertible I also ordered the aerodynamic kit. I would have assumed that they would have put it on in Germany, but maybe that is the hold up.

What port is your car landing at, being in Indiana I would imagine that there would be a few days on the truck.

bimini

I have no idea what port my ship is heading to---I imagine it is somewhere in NJ, like yours. I can't find any tracking info on K-line ships. Guess it won't change anything but it is entertaining to track the cars movement. Reminds me of when I was a kid and being transfixed by the TV meteorologist tracking the Xmas eve progress of Santa Claus.