Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

The Overtard

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by mrsbee, Jun 13, 2012.

mrsbee guest

For an introduction, I'd like to present to you a vehicle that has stolen my heart and wracked my brain more than any bad boyfriend ever has. This saucy little number has more personality than a stand up comedian (a decent one at least) and the attitude of a Plaintiff on Judge Judy.

This here is "The Tard", lovingly given the name after throwing an Error Code of being "Over Retarded" (perhaps one of those really poor translations?).

The Tard won Third in its division at the Peachtree Chapter car show earlier this spring (despite us driving him in 130 miles in the rain down nasty old interstate 85 and being docked...or so they said...for an errant long blonde hair in the carpet and a mystery piece of chocolate under the drivers seat). That being said, it couldn't take the stress of being a show car anymore and has been put out to stud, or in car terms, it now hauls groceries and totes us to work.
    BeFunky_IMAG0318.jpg

drummerfc

NICE!

And thank you for the explanation of what the "overtard" is...you saved me mucho keystrokes and mouse-clicking to come here and ask what it was... ;)

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Welcome. Nice color, and an excellent story on the name!

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

Nice looking car!

mrsbee guest

Car...oh, no no no, this is a machine, the ULTIMATE driving machine.

I believe the term car should be reserved for things like Kias and childrens toys.

Hmm... I don't know whether to be in awe or afraid. You're either the ultimate "car chick" (meant in the best possible way), or it's really scary how you've bought into the marketing.... I have an M3 and a 911 in my garage and at the end of the day they're still "just cars". ;)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Just cars?
    JUST CARS?!
    And Isabella Rossellini is just a dame?!

Hey, they're nice cars, and I'm fortunate to have them both, but at the end of the day they are just cars. :)

Pyewacket1

You mean, you can keep women in your garage?!?!?

Who knew???

I don't think my wife would allow that, just like she doesn't allow my cars in the house.

Wives can be a bit peculiar about things such as that...

MGarrison

Hey, if the car doesn't leak all over, as long as its paws are clean, it might be better than the dog, even if inconveniently larger! :p

mrsbee guest

Wives can be particular yes, but sometimes in a good way, I mean think of it, if she's that particular, and she ended up with you, that must mean you're not THAT bad of a guy!

Besides, everybody know you keep your extra women in the basement, not the garage. Geeze

MGarrison

Ahhh... the good old days of every man conspicuously flaunting their harem I suppose are long gone; now, it's relegated to the basement vs. separate tent compounds or a side wing of the castle - WHAT is happening to this country?!?

maxnix

Hope it was your blonde hair and the car is out for stud.

I have the older version with turbo for more forceful emissions at embarrassing moments.
    MrsBee likes this.