Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Just joined Forum

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Green Bimmer, May 5, 2012.

Green Bimmer

I am a grandfather living in Bayside, Queens, NY. My car is a 2004 E46 M3 SMG Oxford Green Metallic, sunroof deleted, with 95,000 miles. I have modified it with a Dinan stage 2 suspension (as per Mike Miller recommendation) and just last week had an Active Autowerkes Stage 1 Supercharger, both mods installed by Mike Shiffer at EuroMeccanica in Mount Vernon, NY. I have not had a chance to let it unwind, due first, to rainy weather, and today a flat!

Looking forward to enthused conversations.
    • Staff

steven s

I went to QCC many years ago.
    Curious, why did you change out the suspension and add the S/C?
    I can't think of any place to unwind it other than a track.

Green Bimmer

I hope this gets to you. This Forum thing is all new to me. It seems to be like e-mail, except that all members can see the notes, I guess.

I went to Queens College.

Re the suspension change: Although my wife doesn't drive the M3, she is often a passenger, and she was looking for a less jarring ride. According to Mike Mitchell this mod - Dinan S2 - would give me both a less harsh ride and at the same time better turn in and less under steer. The latter I can feel, but not the former. It feels about the same stiffness over NY's roads, even with the adjustable shocks maxed to softness.
    The supercharger was done only because I wanted to accelerate faster. I do also take it sometimes on local highways, I must confess, and driving schools.

About which by the way, I find it annoying that more consideration is not given to avoiding the major Jewish holidays for the annual national event. Obviously I am not particularly observant, computing on Saturday, but I still need to observe the fall holidays. I have missed a few Octoberfest's since becoming a member in 2004.
    • Staff

steven s

Out 2003 Mini Cooper S has a sport suspension with 17" wheels.
    I traded the 17's for a set of 16's. Much nicer ride.

Regarding Ofest dates. When we have Ofest in Sept it's hard to avoid the High Holy Days.
    We can only get dates from what is available. Unfortunately we don't have much of a choice except to pick another month which lends to other issues.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome! I'm glad somebody else appreciates Oxford Green!

Green Bimmer

Thanks for taking the time out from editing to send your note.

I have grown to admire it, however, initially it came along because of my overriding desire to avoid a sunroof. This was the only new M3 I could find with SMG(for wife), and no sunroof. My initial limp feeling for Ox Green Metal was overcome by admiring comments from some cognoscenti at O'fest's, me being, at the time, a complete newcomer to the BMW culture.

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

While the Silver to Black palette of colors is hugely popular with many BMW folks, it is the true "colors" which always catch my eye. Drive your Oxford green with pride!! Hope you'll post photos sometime.