Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Caravan from Eastern PA to O-fest in Columbus?

Discussion in 'Delaware Valley Chapter' started by eblue540, Apr 22, 2012.

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

So, I've given in to my curiousity and signed up with my wife for our first BMWCCA Octoberfest. From here in Eastern PA, it looks like an opportunity to make a meandering drive over two days with arrival Sunday afternoon ready to start festing on Monday.

But where to meander? Definitely not going via Interstate, probably not even the national highway system.

Anyone else from NJ/PA chapters driving out?

Hoping some others planning to drive from this part of the world might chime in with suggested routings, sights to see, a place to stay Saturday night?

I hear this caravan group-touring thing is a fun way to travel to these things!
    • Staff

steven s

I caravaned from MD to Indy, MD to SC, MD to Keystone, CO.
    Definitely fun. If you don't find anyone cruise the rest stops looking for BMW CCA decals.
    I have hooked up with others that way.

brucembergeron

Last weekend I drove from Columbus OH to NH and I took some extra time to drive the "hills" of PA. I followed Rte 6 much of the way, also hit some others that spurred off Rte 6. I highly recommend taking the "hills". On my trip I hooked up with a Mustang GT and we had a grand time. His piped up V8 sounded great bouncing off the hills. I'm thinking seriously about going to Octoberfest and if I do I will absolutely take the same route. Highly recommended.

PS. I mention "hills" because I live in NH and VT and we have mountains.

drummerfc

If you can stand a New Joisey-ite along for the ride I may take you up on that...provided I attend Oktoberfest, still in the consideration stage. It is a great idea since we'll both be tooling along in E39s that are a bit long in the tooth!!

brucembergeron

I'll be sure to keep you posted. However, if I do go I will be driving an E36 M3 so I can experience Mid Ohio Track. So I will be leaving the E39 Touring at home; it's track days are most likely over. It did it's job nicely, so nice in fact, I'm now planning on attending many more events with M3.

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Keep me in the loop if you pull the trigger. We'd find a way to synch up en route, no matter which car you'd bring!