Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

on board computer with remote control

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by evolution, Apr 3, 2012.

evolution

I have a 1988 Bmw 325 IX. The window sticker advertises that the car came with an on board computer with remote control. Is there anyone out there that can explain the remote control portion of this item. I am thinking of something hand held. Then again, it could be referring to something else entirely differant. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this.

MGarrison

I would hardly be considered the final word, but I would assume that would be referring to controlling something remotely via the OBC, vs. what we might typically think of as a remote control.

OBC functions -

Display of:

Hr-Date (Time or Date)
    Avg MPH (average miles-per-hour since last reset)
    M MPH (inputting a mph sounds a chime when that speed is exceeded)
    Avg MPG (average miles per gallon since last reset)
    Range (estimated distance to drive until fuel tank is empty, in miles, or kilometers)
    Timer (you press it, it starts counting up... pretty much just what you'd expect! :p)
    Temp (outside air temperature)
    Code (inputting a 4-digit code disables the fuel-injection until the correct code is entered)

The code function is about the only thing there that's controlling anything, afaik.

[IMG]

dogsbark26

I believe they are referring to the fact that the OBC can be cycled (through the functions listed by MGarrison) by pressing on the turn-signal stalk.

MGarrison

Oh yeah! Forgot about that - good call!

evolution

evolution

Thanks for the quick replies. It has been a while since I have been on this site. One last thing. I am looking to replace the trim in my325 IX. Have located everything with the exception of the front bumper end - right. The part number is 51-11-1-965-036. Have been around the circuit with pelican parts, the bmw dealership, etc., with no luck. Any assistance in locating a NEW trim piece will be more then appreciated. thanks in advance.