Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member here

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Bymer750, Mar 10, 2012.

Bymer750

Hi all, just joined about a weak ago and happy to be a member of such a big bmw community. Im a huge bmw fan and my car history pretty much consists of bmws. I've had e38 740il, two e36 m3, two e46 m3, and now drive e66 750Li and e46 m3.

Also i have a question, since i became a member do i get some kind of a bmwcca member card or window stickers. Thanks
    • Staff

steven s

Takes a couple weeks for the membership card and will come with one static decal.

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Welcome! Is that a Euro delivery plate on your profile pic?

Bymer750

I bought the Euro plate online

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! I see you've already met a few of our colorful inmates!

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

Nice cars!

Do you have photos? I would love to see them. Your avatar looks like a beauty!

brucembergeron

That's a lot of M3's you've owned there mister. I'm envious. Are you ready for an E92 M3 soon?

Bymer750

Thank you all for nice comments. I do have few pics of my cars so i will post them later.

Bymer750

Im not quite ready for e92 yet, plus with a kid on the way i have to focus on other things right now.

E90 works just as well. I have mine for family outings when the 996 isn't the right car to drive. :)

Bymer750

e90 would work but i just cant give up the space of e66 yet, and still want to have a coupe. So e46 will do for now but e90/92 will make my list one day. By the way nice cars you got there, 2 pure driving machines. How does that porsche compare to your m3.

Thank you.

I love both cars, but they're very different. I refer to the 996 being a scalpel and the M3 being an ax. The 996 is subtle, the M3 is in your face. In terms of connection to the road and responsiveness I prefer my 996 - you can "feel" the car more and I can throw it through gaps in traffic that I would never try to get the M3 through. The M3 is a stealth car in regular traffic, but can be loud and brash when you floor it and want to play. Both have a place in the household and I would recommend the E90 as a family car - you'll never find a better one in terms of keeping the driver and occupants happy.

Bymer750

Some pics of my cars as requested

Attached Files:

Great set of cars!

Bymer750

I agree with you, even though i got older m3 and coupe, it always puts smile on my face and passengers. Porsches are some of my favorite cars, i love the body design. I guess when the time comes for a new car i might have to think what i want more, M or porsche.:D

It's hard to choose between them - usually the weather decides for me. For family purposes the M keeps everyone happy, but the 996 puts a smile on my face like no other car I've ever driven.