Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Digital Only option for Roundel

Discussion in 'Roundel Magazine' started by tbartosh, Feb 15, 2012.

tbartosh

Greetings!

I'm a big fan of the Roundel magazine, but am only interested in the electronic issues. Is there a way to configure my account to no longer receive a hard copy in favor of the e-version?

Thanks,

Ty

PS I have hard copy back issues from 2006 available for anyone who wants them.
    • Staff

steven s

There is no opt-out at this time.
    I have suggested e-memberships a few times already. :)

tbartosh

Thanks for the reply. I really hate to have to start tossing them in the recycle bin each month. Members should at least have an option not to receive the hard copy magazine, even with the existing dues amount, until an e-membership program is formally established.

Also, it seems that an iPad specific viewer which supported offline reading would be a really good idea. I'm sure a lot of members are e-centric like me. (I haven't bought a physical CD for music or DVD for movies in years. It's all e-sources, like iTunes, etc.) Roundel would be perfect for a robust e-subscription model. In the meantime, I'd really appreciate an option to not receive the hard copy.

Thanks,

Ty
    • Staff

steven s

A tablet version is being looked at.
    Don't expect an opt-out very soon.
    I'll try to get someone with more information to respond.

MGarrison

In the meantime Ty, why not throw your Roundel mag. somewhere in the car and stick it under the windshield wiper of some other parked BMW you happen to come across (on sunny days that is, unless you don't remove the wrapper) and spread the enthusiasm, rather than just pitch it out! ;)

BMWCCA1

So, you don't mind missing important parts of your music, either? ;)

Kudera

Hey Ty if you still have your back issues I'd be willing to take them off your hands ;) just an option

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Phil say:
    Amen to that, bro! Two egregious examples: Harry Belafonte at Carnegie Hall, and All That Jazz. They cut all sorts of things out of the former to make a two-disc LP fit a single CD, and as for the latter, they left the most important sound off the CD version of the sound-track album: the zipper on the body bag at the end.

Pezho405

Still waiting to recieve my first copy:( been a couple months now since joined
    • Staff

steven s

You joined late Jan so it was too late for the February issue.
    Your first issue will be March. You should be receiving it shortly.
    I just received my copy in the mail yesterday.

Pezho405

Thanks! oh and BTW may be off topic but i got the "topless, street survival" thing in the mail, i was wondering if i could just send a 100$ bill instead of writing a check or credit card ??

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Um. . . you may send all the $100 bills you like to my home address. . .

:D:D:D

wretched

Don't take away my dead tree format! I did like the fact for a short time I could download the PDF version. I really wish they would let us! For the last few days iMirus hasn't been working. I want my paper version and hopefully someday a PDF version.
    • Staff

steven s

Is it still not working?
    I was just there.

wretched

Nope. I have not tried it on a pc yet and it will not load on my iPad. I will try it on a desktop soon. I hope it comes back since reading it on a iPad is really handy!

wretched

Works in FireFox just not on the iPad anymore.

:(

Did some more digging and it is a java error.

"null" is not a object

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Thank God the printed version never has Java errors---just typos!