Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

88 325ix value

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by 091385, Oct 19, 2011.

Does anyone have a suggestion for resources to determine a value for my 1988 325ix? It is a 2 door, I am the original owner, it is diamond black with gray leather interior with 58,900 miles on it. It's Pirelli tires have 2600 miles. It is in excellent condition. Thanks for any input.

MGarrison

Wish I had some suggestions for ya - might search completed ebay auctions, and just for kicks see what nadaguides.com shows for your zip code and the car's specifics. For my zip, nadaguides shows a high retail $6,225.00, but I would have to guess that would still be factoring in a much higher mileage than you have.

New tires would be some value added, but I'd think not anymore than what the tires would normally be valued with some wear - I would think that's whatever the cost of the tires would be, less a pro-rated amount for however much they're worn. If they're measuring 1/32 of wear off from new, and, oh, say, they're molded with 10/32 tread depth new, then I'd guess a retail value between 80% - 90% of their retail cost, new (tread depth bars are typically at 2/32's, and most, as a matter of safety, would replace tires at that point, rather than to try to wear them down to slicks to get maximum life).

If all required maintenance has been done, everything works as it should (even the a/c... and the radio, including the tape &/or cd player, if it has one in the trunk), and everything is in excellent shape (paint good, interior intact with seat upholstery not cracked or worn, etc.), everything nice and clean - I'd think you might well find someone willing to pay more than $6k. Not sure what a top limit might be - speaking for myself, I wouldn't pay as much as $10k, but, who knows how high a motivated buyer might be willing to go. Although not as commonly found as they used to be, there are still E30's to be found, but the clean 1st yr. ix would count as an E30 you're not going to come across everyday, so it might have special appeal if yours is exactly what someone wants.

If you need an insurance value, perhaps better get an appraisal from a certified appraiser.

Thanks for your input. Everything does work on it, including the ac and power antenna. It has been maintained very well. The tires are like new. Thanks again for your helpful response.

two30grain

I think you could get a good bit for this if, like previously stated, you find the right buyer. and I am sure you only want it to go to that right buyer!

You have a couple things working for you, it is an iX which is somewhat rare, especially if it and the body is in good shape, and it has really low miles for a E30! If it is a stick, even better! I would almost plead with you not to sell it, especially with how difficult it is to find a well taken care of E30. Heck, if I could, I would buy it from you.

I would try selling it on Roadfly, E30tech, and R3vlimited. or here. these folks will know what they are looking at. IMHO, sell it around $8k.Well maintained, clean E30's (non iX's) are selling for around 4k to 5k (with high mileage). Somewhat beat around $3k, and junkers/shells/part cars for $1k.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Any luck with the sale yet? It sounds like this E30 should end up going for more than book to an enthusiast.

As it stands now the car will be sold this Saturday. It is a beautiful car so it is with mixed emotions that I will let it go. It is going to someone who is young and someone I believe will appreciate it as much as I have since I purchased it in February of 1988 as the original owner.

AugustneverEnds 1988 325iS, 1989 750iL

Sorry to hear this car is going. I hope you received a good price because this a very difficult car to find in the condition yours is in and with so few miles. Also I hope the buyer treats it as well as you have. Cheers

Thanks for your note. The buyer is going to baby it as much as I did. He has already clay bar'd it and bought a car cover for it for when he keeps it in his garage. He definitely appreciated the condition it is in.