Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

My name is Kyle, and I'm addicted to BMW.

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by Kyle328is, Apr 28, 2008.

Kyle328is guest

Theres no "General Discussion" or new members area, so since I have a modded E36 I figured I'd post my intro here.

Like the title says, I love BMWs. I have two of them, my first (and favorite) being my 1998 328is I purchased in June of 2007 for $9,300. I haven't even owned it for a year, but in that time it's become something special (to me at least haha). The other is a 2008 Z4 3.0si Roadster 6MT that doesn't even have 500 miles on it. I finally joined the Club today, something I've been meaning to do for a long time now.

Mod list:
    Dinan Cold Air Intake (Carbon Fiber, modified)
    Depo Gen4 Euopean elipsoid projectors w/ 55watt halogen highs/lows/fogs
    35% tint all aorund
    Smoked Euro corners/side markers/taillights
    Arched M3 spoiler
    17" M68 black w/ polished lip on Continental ContiSport2's (225/40 all around) -Summer Wheels-
    16" OEM Sport Style 30's on Goodyear Triple Tread all season (225/55 all around) - Winter Wheels-
    M3 catback
    Black/white Roundels
    H&R Race Springs
    M3 Shocks
    X-Brace
    3.15 LSD (aka Posi)
    M3 drive shaft

Front end looks the same, just no recent pics from that angle (when I had my winter wheels on)
    [IMG]

I have Euro tails now
    [IMG]

On to my Z4. I leased this car for two years. It's a 3.0si Roadster 6MT.

Options:
    Manaco Blue Metallic
    Black leather
    Aluminum Trim
    Sport Package
    Heated seats
    Power seats
    M Sport seats
    Power top
    Xenons

(when I picked it up)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I haven't been able to do a photo shoot recently because the weather won't cooperate with me haha.

Glad to be here, and I'm looking forward to meeting members of the North Star chapter at the upcoming events!

toa5tmaster guest

nice ride man +1

TeamStowell We love driving!

Welcome to the club Kyle!

You have a nice collection started. I am a coupe person, and look forward to a Z4 Mcoupe once someone decides to trade one in off of a lease. Until then, the 635 restoration project will have to keep me busy.

chll69 guest

Nice Ride Kyle!! thought i would put some up of my 1994 325is! heres a link to photos. 94 325IS!
    My mods are as follows.
    Interior:
    -New Panasonic Radio
    -Foot well speakers replaced a few years ago
    -Carbon Fiber Momo shift knob
    -Aluminum Pedals including dead pedal
    -M racing aluminum e-brake handle
    -Schroth seat harness’
    -Silver oil temp, oil pressure, and voltage gauges

Exterior:
    -Rear deck lid spoiler
    -Custom painted AC Schitzer front lip
    -New titanium color grille
    -One piece, 5 spoke, 18” Hamann rims
    -New Yokahoma Parada Spec-2 tires
    -Brembo Big Brake Kit with EBC green pads
    -Stainless steel brake lines
    -Depo Angel Eye projector headlights (Glass lens)
    -Clear corner front turn signals
    -White bulb side turn signals
    -New fog lights
    -Upgraded tail lights

Suspension:
    -H&R coil over dampers with springs
    -Racing Dynamics front cross brace
    -Aluminum rear cross brace
    -M lightweight X under brace
    -Racing Dynamics sway bars with urethane bushings

Engine:
    -Custom intake with heat shield
    -Super Chip
    -Borla stainless steel exhaust and custom piping

toa5tmaster guest

I have to recondition my seats here soon and my interior is all faded (cabrio). I am going to re-color the carpet from "faded navy" to black or charcoal and the seats from "cracked and faded navy" to dove grey, or some kind of light grey along with the door panel inserts. I was curious as to how well the light leather holds up. I wear jeans alot and have heard stories that the dye from denim bleeds on to the seats making blue spots everywhere. I also drive the car alot, daily almost, and alot of time just for fun. I would really like a black leather interior, but the "faded navy" is hot enough in the sun. Plus the B&W is an awesome look, I <3 greyscale. Almost everything I own is a very "modern" look, glass, metal, black, white, and grey. I love it, other's hate it, but I digress.

Anyways, is it hard to keep clean? I am going to use leatherique I believe it's called. They asure me that the seats will take the dye fine and I can use more if needed. My door panels are broke and bubled so I will just replace with the matching color and what not. the carpet will be fine in black or charcoal. That interior looks Bad A$$! I want to do a kind of "piano black" look to things as well. The wood trim is not for me and the only piece is on the glove box so that is going to be painted piano black. I also want to "freshen up" the dash, its a bit faded, any advice? I have tried those dash wipes, they did nothing but clean and coat with waxy crap.

Kyle328is guest

Thanks a lot! Heres a recent pic of the E36 and Z4 together.

[IMG]

XR4Tim328i guest

Sweet rides!

granthr

Kyle I really like your rides. I also have a 98 328is, it is a Dinan Stage 2. Intake, throttle body, ECU flash, and suspension (springs, shocks, sway bars). It also has M3 bumpers, side skirts, side mirrors, and rub strips. Stagard 17 inch wheels from a 3 litre Z3.

Where did you get your tail lights, side markers, and front markers? What brand are they. This is the next thing I would like to do.

I also have an 84 318i with H&R springs, Bilsteins Sport Shocks, 325 brakes all around, sport interior, among many other mods. Only 75,000 miles

My third (although I bought it first! :D) BMW is an 88 M3, it is mostly stock, except for a Super Sprint Exhaust and H4/H1 headlights. 16X8 vintage BBS RS rims I plan to keep it this way, it is basically Mint, only 74,000 miles.

How do you get your pictures to be big in the thread and not just an attachment/thumbnail?

GR

XR4Tim328i guest

You can probably upload your pictures to photobucket and then copy the IMG link they give you into the message.