Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

1996 Front Bumper Cover Fit

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by 2furiousd, Jul 8, 2011.

2furiousd

Hello,

I'm trying to find out what year bumper covers will fit my 1996 Z3. I have repaired the lower center of my bumper cover 3 times now and I don't want to waste and money on a 4th.

I called a place on eBay that sells bumper covers and they told me the mounting holes are different for 1996 models. Is this true? Will I be forced to use only a 1996 bumper cover?

Anyone have a bumper cover that will work on my car? Silver would be preferred but I obviously plan on painting one.

Thanks in advance for any help.

MGarrison

Without any more specific

Without any more specific insight, you could try comparing parts numbers from different production months on realoem.com or penskeparts.com. Find your part number, then see if the part number for the last &/or first month/year of production is different. Then you can start splitting the difference to narrow down to when part numbers may have changed. If you suspect yours is unique to that year, might be faster to check part numbers closer in than the start/end of the model's production.

2furiousd

thanks

Thanks. The car is my main driver, I was hoping there was an easy answer. I was hoping to find the right bumper cover then drive it to the shop for swap and repaint.

Thank you for your advise.

FredR

Bumper Cover

The bumper cover is the same on 1.9s. I checked the part number on realoem.com for both a 96 and a 98 and its the same.

2furiousd

re: cover

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I guess since I can only go to 98, it must be a four cylinder thing. I'm having a hard time finding one for a resonable amount. Plenty of bumper covers for 6 cylinder models.

Thanks again.

skippershe

I realize this original post is over a year old, but in case you're still looking for a bumper, I have a 1997 oem front bumper for sale if interested...

2furiousd

Hi,
    Thanks for you reply. I had it plastic welded, again, and sold the car. Thanks