Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Air Condition...Warm Air Passenger Side

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by aweesner, May 28, 2011.

aweesner guest

Yesterday I noticed that my A/C is not blowing cool air on the passenger side.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Zeichen311

If everything else is operating normally--in particular, if you can direct warm air anywhere you wish, evenly, when using the heater--you have a leak and are low on refrigerant. The system is designed to shunt available cold air to the driver when it is operating at reduced capacity.

aweesner guest

Thanks for your reply...and this makes perfect sense.

Are leaks common in this car? Any suggestions for locating the leak and fixing?

Zeichen311

Most any A/C system is going to spring a leak somewhere if you run it long enough. The operating pressures are high and seals, hose crimps and such don't last forever.You didn't mention the mileage on the car, and I don't know at what mileage you could say it's "typical" to start seeing leaks, but it's just one of those things you can expect to appear "eventually," if you keep cars a long time.

As for repair suggestions, just one: Take it to a pro. You will never recover the investment in tools and equipment to do the job right, and you will violate about a half-dozen environmental and safety regulations if you evacuate/recharge the refrigerant without a proper recovery setup. This is one of those jobs where it's worth paying someone for the aggravation, because it's plenty aggravating.