Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What did you do to/for your BMW today?

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by E46BAV90, May 18, 2011.

myronm

Spun a wrench on my Z4. Installed new NGK spark plugs at 61,000 miles this morning. Now taking time for a few Warsteiners Valve cover gaskets later today.

I did discover that since I put in a aFe intake last week, my fuel economy dropped. I guess I enjoy the sound at 5000 RPM.

Myron M.
    Ft Worth, TX

2005 Z4 2.5L
    2003 525i Sport
    1992 525iTSC

shipkiller

New shoes for the ///M and ordered new shoes for the Roadster.

Freaking expensive week....;)

Terse

Pictures of the new shoes?

A new starter for the M3 will be starting the work when I wake up.

shipkiller

They are sitting at the shop. Have to take the car in tomorrow or Sat for installation.

I hope these last longer than the last set. :rolleyes: but I don't have my hopes up... "If you want to play, you have to pay"................

Satch SoSoCalifortified

What I'm doing today

Well, I might try to get some of the bugs off the front of the roadster. . .

I have to swap the wheels off Party B's 335i. She let me take it to instruct at Fontana for the LA chapter (one-day school, well attended), and I wanted to try the Toyo Proxes 1's. Great highway tire, good feel, comfortable, quiet. The do howl a bit when pushed on the track---Active Steering is VERY good at letting you over drive the front tires---but felt sure and confident at about 125 on the banking.

However, they do rub on occasional bumps---so it's Gimme Back The Michelinos, Dear!

bluewagon

What I had done to my BMW

I had my ind. mechanic Change the Evaporator core, the drier.the exp. valve evap case gasket with new A/C gas and oil. in my 2003 sport wagon.
    bluewagon

tiFreak

picked up my old body kit from the shop, next time I see it it will have an M3 bumper and sideskirts :D

[IMG]

wretched

I added a ECS carbon fiber strut bar, Hawk HP Plus pads with Powerslot rotors for my girl. Also gave her a real nice detailing! All of this was to go to our chapters HPDE and flog the poor girl! All that cleaning just to coat it in brake dust.... BLISS!

shipkiller

Nothing is better than track dirt....:D

jas67

I finally picked up my new-to-me 2005 330ci ZHP convertible on Thursday!

Last night, I installed PA12-BMW iPod interface and programmed the universal garage door.

This morning I washed it, and then drove it around all day!

330indy1

M Roadie TLC

Oil and LSD fluid
    feeling loved!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Zeichen311

It must be Oil Change Weekend, I just finished work....

As an aside, from the Thanks-But-We-Knew-That Dept., Condition-Based Service is for the birds. This was my second oil change at 7500-mile intervals and the CBS thinks I still have 2200 to go until the first one. :eek:

bimmerbri2

Did you get the Coupe all fixed up?
    • Staff

steven s

Bought a battery for my E30.
    I guess after getting a jump start twice to get home and twice to get to work in one week, it was time. :)
    What a pleasure too. $114 for the battery and nothing to register. True P n P.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I got the DICE Soundbridge working the the roadster! (Well, Calabrese actually got it working, but I told him how to do it. . . .)

E46BAV90

Installed my H&R cup kit finally!!!

E46BAV90

Gave her a bath and put her to bed for the next month till I'm off these crutches :(

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Party A actually cleaned her 335i. . .

E46BAV90

Painted my high beam reflectors with dupli-color metalcast. Now they match my car while keeping the chrome look

E46BAV90

Today painted my high beam reflector bowls and....... I started my epic search for an E34 or a 4 door E30 :D