Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

5erFest 2011 at the PVGP - July 21-24

Discussion in 'E28 (1982-1988)' started by ejzagro, May 1, 2011.

ejzagro

The Allegheny Chapter extends a warm invitation to all 5 series owners to join us the weekend of July 21-24 when we celebrate the 10th Anniversary of 5er Fest. We are offering BMW owners a 4-day weekend of activities which includes a chance to track, tour, show or just relax at the most unique racing venue in the county.

The Schenley Park weekend begins on Thursday, July 21st with a driver's school offered by BeaveRun Motorsports Complex. We have a casual tour planned on the twisty roads north of the City scheduled for Friday July 22nd. We will travel through the late morning and have lunch planned at the Casa Narcisi Winery. Friday evening features the Allegheny Chapter's welcome reception. This year's reception takes place in Schenley Park and will be sponsored by Spaten which will provide food and beverages.

On Saturday and Sunday, historic Schenley Park provides acres of parking for 2,000 show cars of various marques. The BMW pavilion and corral overlooking Turn 13 of the temporary race circuit offers a great vantage point to watch the practice heats and races. In addition to prime parking, registration includes catered lunches and complimentary refreshments under the BMW Tent. Additional planned activities include a participant's choice show and shine, door prizes, drawings, and plenty of Germany's finest machinery, both new and old. The PVGP is always open to ALL BMW models and ALL BMW owners but this year we are trying to pack the park with vintage 5 series cars. In addition to special prizes and events, 5er Fest attendees are eligible for a parade lap during race day opening ceremonies.

The PVGP is one of the most unique races in the country. City streets are converted to a race track overnight and 180 race cars take to the track Saturday morning. The event benefits the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny Valley School.

The BMW Host Hotel is the Radisson Greentree. www.radisson.com From Thursday through Sunday, the special rate is $99 per night. Be sure to use the code BMW11. For online registration or simply to find more information, visit www.5erfest.com www.alleghenybmwcca.org or the BMW page at www.pvgp.org.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

We hope to see you in July!

Regards,

Eric

granthr

I hope to be there, but I will be in my E30 M3 :D, not my Fiver :p I missed last year, but was there in 09. Great event and I am looking forward to it!
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Cool, I get to meet you in person, Grant!

granthr

Yes definitely! Will you be in your M5?

mooseheadm5

Yep, the M5 will be there in all it's ratty glory. My business partner just built me a stainless exhaust that sounds amazing. We'll probably be selling those later this year.

granthr

Can't wait to hear it! See you there.

mooseheadm5

We'll also have tons of swag and parts for sale. T shirts, very nice pocket screwdrivers, E28/34 upper shock mounts, Spax springs and adjustable dampers, our special UCABs for E28/34, S14/S38 throttle linkage repair kits, cloisonne emblems, odometer gears from odometergears.com, and whatever else we can scare up by then.

CRKrieger

A high roller like you ought to be able to spring for a coupla' strippers ... :D

mooseheadm5

The most I can afford is a couple of 84/85 318i strippers.

ejzagro

Paul - It was very nice to meet you at Vintage. The e9 Roundels you had on display were very cool.

Grant - I saw your car at Carlisle last weekend but we never crossed paths. Great looking M3! I look forward to meeting you in July.

Eric

dmmai

5erFest - car eligibility

A quick question about 5erFest.

Which models of 5 series are included/invited/eligible in 5erFest?

Is it just E28 and older?

Thanks

John in VA

Initially it was for E12 & E28 cars. We've tried to attract E34s as well.
    EDIT - Just found this:
    The highlight of our Schenley Park weekend will be a celebration of the tenth anniversary of 5er Fest. In cooperation with the mye28.com special-interest group, we extend a special welcome to all 5 Series owners.

dmmai

danke

Should be an enjoyable time.

CRKrieger

Yeah; but they don't get the secret handshake ...

granthr

Sorry I missed you, hopefully we can meet up in Pittsburgh. I wish I could have made it to Vintage! :(

mooseheadm5

Getting geared up for this now. We'll be in the Spaten tent. At least at this show I'll get to see the Spaten girls! We were so slammed at Vintage I didn't even get to walk around :(