Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

first e46 wave!

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by alfabmw, Apr 5, 2011.

alfabmw

As an Alfa owner, it is common to wave to another Alfa. When I got the BMW, I wondered if folks waved, and assumed that there were too many of these cars on the road to do so.

On Sunday, a black e46 waved and flashed his lights at me. :) A little slow to respond, but I waved back.

If anyone out there waved to a red 325 xi on Sunday, that was me!

two30grain

I try to wave on occasion like bikers and jeep owners do to each other. In 11 years pushing bimmers, its only worked a handful of times.

John in VA

I'm happy to hear you were flashed. That seemed to die out in the mid-80s when BMW became the Yuppie-mobile. I try to wave if I see the driver paying attention, but that is becoming a vanishing act.

Deutsch Marques

I've had more luck getting return waves from Bimmer convertible drivers who also have their top down. They tend to be more of an automotive enthusiast. Non-enthusiasts who only buy a BMW convertible as a lifestyle accessory tend to keep the top up even on the most gorgeous of days.

two30grain

i saw this a few days ago when it first broke into the 80 degree range. I was like, why did they even get a vert?

E46BAV90

I would of waved :D

Terse

I get some nods from older M drivers. A lot of BMW drivers don't even seem to pay attention.

wretched

I always flash other Bimmers in my area... Rarely do I ever get a wave or a flash back. I will keep trying though and not let this tradition die!

two30grain

i might just do this too! im with you man!

Terse

Flashing here if a cop spots it and there's a speed trap nearby is a big no no.

two30grain

What state is that (just so I dont do it there, haha)? Id probably stick more with the wave anyway; the headlight flash (I feel) is becoming somewhat ambiguous!

Terse

I'm in Virginia. The only time I use my highs are on the country roads at 3 AM and when someone else has their bright *** illegal HIDs spraying all over the world coming toward me.

wretched

I am originally from Virginia and every thing including normal driving is practically illegal!

Terse

They recently turned on all the cameras again so it's fun to sit at a red light and watch the flashes go off when people roll through the right turns without pausing.