Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bluetooth Questions

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by fmanke, Mar 23, 2011.

fmanke

I have a tech question about bluetooth reception. It has given me very erratic reception. When the car was under full warranty, I took it to the dealer to check the bluetooth. It worked very well at the dealership due to the strong signal. My cell phone is a Verizon Droid that gives me good reception in Mn. when I am in the car. However, when it goes through the bluetooth, it hardily works at all, and we have to shut off the bluetooth to continue any type of communication. We have tried to put the phone on the dash, and plug it in the 12V outlet, but it doesn't seem to help. We have traveled in other states and reception is either outstanding, or really bad with the bluetooth. The cellphone by itself, is more reliable in providing good reception in the car. If anybody has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I have a 2007 530i, and really enjoy driving the car. It's my 4th BMW.

Thanks.
    fmanke

Pyewacket1

Bluetooth pairing/communications issues can be annoying, to say the least.

To address the issue, I suggest the best way to resolve this issue is to find out where the problem "isn't". That said, have you tried a different model phone (one on BMW's "acceptable list) in your car? If so, does it exhibit the same issues?

If yes, its likely not a phone issue. Its a car issue.

Once you're past that, and if another model works well, then find a friend with a Droid and pair it up to do a test. Does that Droid work? If so, its local to your individual phone...

The most common misconception is that bluetooth=bluetooth. Nothing could be further (or is it farther?) from the truth.

Good luck. With a little effort, you should be able to determine where your problem(s) resides.

fmanke

Thanks for the information on the bluetooth. My son has a Droid, so the next time he is home we will try to locate the problem using his phone.

fmanke