Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hi Everyone!!!!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by aprilwalker, Mar 16, 2011.

aprilwalker guest

HI, Im April..Just joined today. I had a BMW 3 series...the little baby..in 2006. I could not get used to those run-flat tires. They really made my "baby" ride rough. I traded it for a C=Class Benz. Could not however get BMW out of my head. The new X3 came out and I HAD to have it. So...it is on order and im waiting!!!! I choose Black shapphire with Black interior. I have NEVER had a black car. Im a white car girl. I did not like the black trim they have on them all so I went with black.. Any tips? or does anyone else have one? Im glad to be back!!!(to bmw)....ps..Im from NC..but live in VA..

Zeichen311

Welcome aboard and welcome back (to BMW)!

Black BMWs look spectacular when clean...trouble is, keeping them clean can become a full time obsession. Black shows dirt quickly. It's worth the effort, though, as is the wait for delivery! :)

Deutsch Marques

Clean black cars are hard to beat. I have a black station wagon and a "carbon black" M3 (which is really a dark metallic blue) and I think my sanity level is in question trying to keep them clean. But I tend to obsess more than the average joe. So I have clay bars, polish, sealants and all the other products for the "detailing determined".

You should be very happy with it. And it will look great unless you never wash it. Use proper washing techniques to keep the paint nice (no swirl marks) and try to keep a nice coating of wax/sealant on it. Use something like Black Again or Back to Black to keep the unpainted black plastic parts from turning gray and cheap looking. And most importantly, enjoy driving a BMW!

bcweir

You think BLACK is hard to keep clean? Try obsessing on a WHITE car.

Jeez, nearly EVERYTHING shows up on this car's finish. Argh!!

Oh yeah and welcome to the asylum, April. Glad to have you with us!

bluewagon

Welcome April

It is not as hard to keep dark colored cars clean as people say.
    1 You live in Va so you do not have long winters or much salt on the roads.
    2 get a California duster, and dust every evening.
    3 go to http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/ Try it you will love it.
    bluewagon

tspringy guest

Me personally I love black cars other than my current and only BMW which is silver all of my other cars have been black and I love it when the were recently washed and just look like it just got out of the show room floor. oh and BTW welcome to the club.

aprilwalker guest

Thanks EVERYONE!!! for all the advise on keeping my BLACK BMW looking well..!!! You have all been wonderful..and Im so glad to be BACK with BMW...Ive missed it..!!! Im checking on it everyday to see if they have started building it..!!! Nothing yet..When I do get it, I will be checking in here daily to make sure Im doing what I can to keep it clean. Thanks again everyone!!! April

TeamStowell We love driving!

Welcome April! Beverly and I have only been doing black and white cars for almost a decade, so we feel your pain. Three weeks ago we picked up an Imola Red 330i. Now we will need three types of Zymol wax sitting on the shelf!!

aprilwalker guest

I know Im getting a little ahead of myself..but im so excited..Im gonna make sure I have the products reccomended by all of you on hand and ready, when I get my X3. Im not very good at washing cars so I have a guy that has been washing my Benz. I already talked with him about my new color and asked if he was able to clean it. Ive got my list of products and thank you all. ALL advice is welcome. Thks again.

TBrock guest

Even thou I am the new guy (probably the newest), I would like to say welcome.

bluewagon

Welcome April

Did you see the black Car on the wet paint web site????
    Your car can look like it, and you do not have to wash it.
    bluewagon

Terse

Welcome. Where are you located in VA? If you don't mind me asking.

Hope to see some pictures of the X3 when you get it.

Enjoy your new transport.

Syrupflow guest

The more I see that picture, the more it grows on me. I don't know why.