Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Here

Discussion in 'E53 X5 (2000-2006)' started by aprilwalker, Mar 16, 2011.

aprilwalker guest

Hello Boys and girls. My first time here. I just ordered 2011 X3..black on black...cant wait til it arrives..Does anyone have this already? any tips? DO you LOVE it?? My only concern is...I had a BMW 3 series a few years back. When they started using the run-flat tires..HATED THEM..they are main reason i went with Mercedes Bnz..but couldnt resist this new X3...again, Im new and would appreceiate any help or tips you may be able to give to me. Already saw one post that stated its not going to arrive in the time my dealer said it would. VERY disappointed in that!!! Thanks..

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums, and congrats on the new s-u-, err, s-a-v! ;) Can't offer any X3 tips, not a model I know much about. If you contact your dealer, they _should_ be able to clarify your delivery timeframes, but who knows, you might find it longer-than-advertised in the end.

Eventually, it'll get there; for good or bad, I'm usually skeptical enough about things in general that I'm rarely surprised to find out something takes longer than I was originally told. That doesn't mean I find it acceptable, but it helps with minimizing disappointment - that may or may not be of help to you!

In any case, enjoy it when ya get it!

aprilwalker guest

thks

Thank you for your reply. Im not mad about it, I just am so excited to get it. I know I will enjoy it when I do get it. Thanks again , April

Pyewacket1

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about a single comment. The X3 is a new model, and like many others, I'm sure its introduction hit a bump or two in the road. Those bumps should be smoothed out by now.

Can't you track it during the "build" on the BMW web-site? I know I was able to track my Z-4 back in 2007 (built at the same plant before Z production was moved overseas), as well as my 328i in 2010.

Hopefully, you'll get your X3 on schedule...or close to it.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum!

I see you're already getting acquainted with the inmates!

I hope your X3 is built on schedule. . . but as somebody said, you should be able to track it on line. In fact, they were talking about webcam applications so you could watch it go together!

I love technology!

aprilwalker guest

Thanks Everyone

Yes I have been to bmw usa and put in prodution # and im set..it is still on order status..but i will be checking daily...they said they would let me know when it goes into production. What about the run flat tires?? problems been worked out? as the dealer told me..just checking with BMW owners on that.. Thanls again..April

aprilwalker guest

Lol

FUNNY...IM happy to a part of the inmate bunch..everyone has been wonderful!!

aprilwalker guest

Yea!!! Yea!!!!

HI!!! ITS APRIL......Just wanted everyone to know...looked on BMW and seen.....My X3 has went into production!!!!!!! My salesman also left me voice message sayin same thing..!!!! I called him and he also said the date expected to be shipped from SC to Greensboro NC is......MARCH 30...ONE WEEK!!!! I cant tell you how excited I am...Had to tell smone...This group seemed the BEST place to go...!!!! WHOOHOO!!!