Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

F&I and leasing forum

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by Bill Howard, Mar 2, 2008.

Bill Howard

Use this forum to discuss the money part of car-buying at your BMW dealership - finance and insurance (commonly called F&I) and leasing.

If there's enough interest in a related area, discussions about the new car buying process in general, we'd consider a separate Buying a BMW forum. For now, this is a good place for those questions.

CraigBMW2002

Hagerty Insurance for Classic Bimmers

If your Bimmer is 25+ years old, NOT a daily driver and kept in a locked garage, you should see an independent agent about a policy with Hagerty, a Michigan company that specializes in classic vehicles. You need an apprasial, so you get stated value coverage with no deductable for collision and comprehension. You are not supposed to drive the car more than 2500 miles per year, but my independent agent doesn't do odometer checks. For more information, see their website at www.hagerty.com.

I have my '71 2002 insured with Hagerty for a stated value of $6000, and pay $126 per year.

morea3ic guest

Good tip !

CraigBMW2002

Hagerty Insurance for Special Interst Bimmers

Hagerty will also insure special interest Bimmers - 1987 model year or newer if they are NOT daily driver's or dedicated track cars, and like the vintage & classics -- kept in a locked garage when not in use and without any special racing modifications (racing harnesses are OK, but roll cages are not). Special Bimmer models that qualify for these policies are the E30 M3, M28 & E34 M5, M6, L6, 635CSi and the Z1.

Autohaus guest

Does it have to be in a garage to qualify? I don't have a garage but i do have a driveway :cool:. My E28 is not a DD. The odometer stopped working, so I could drive over 2500 miles per year and they wouldn't even know it :rolleyes:.

CraigBMW2002

Hagerty Insurance for Special Interst Bimmers

For BMWs that are 1987 and newm Hagerty will only write a policy on one that it considers to be a limited production, special interest model -- ie E24 M6, E28 M5, E34 M5 E30 M3 the Z1. They would consider 635CSI and 8 series cars on a case by case basis. So regular production E28. E30 and E34 models would not qualify.

Hagerty classic car insurance will cover any BMW that is at least 25 years old. However, in all cases, Hagerty requires that the Bimmer be kept in a locked garage or storage unit. I've had Hagerty insurance on my 2002 for several years.

Craig - BMW CCA member since 1974

Autohaus guest

Rats. I gotta find a house with a garage :)

CraigBMW2002

Since the oldest of your E28 fivers is a 1987 model, it would not be eligible for Hagerty classic insurance until it is a few years older. See hagerty.com "what qualifies" and "modern classics." The E28 and E34 M5 qualify as "modern classics" as they are special interest, limited production cars.

Craig

Autohaus guest

Yes, a car 25 years or older get antique plates/super discounted insurance, right?

CraigBMW2002

You don't have to put your Bimmer on classic plates. I have regular Nebraska personalized plates on my 2002 - "BAYERN." You just need to meet the requirements of a classic car insurer such as Hagerty.

Craig

Autohaus guest

Kudos on your personal plate :D. I though about doing that. The most funniest personal plate I have ever seen read "BAD LEG". I laugh ever time I remember....

az3579

I dunno, the plate I saw on an older Mercedes C36 AMG read "MTHIS". I laughed for a solid 5 minutes, both because it was creative, and because they thought a slushbox C-class could beat an M car. HA!

Autohaus guest

OFF TOPIC! Sorry but I must say this plate I saw:

AMG LOL

Larry Lukasik

CPO BMW Financing

Currently BMW is offering 0.9% financing on pretty much all Certified Pre-Owned cars. Heard on the radio this am that BMW would pick up the first 2 months finance charges in addition to the 0.9% financing. Also is this BMW picking up the charges or the dealer.?

Can anyone provide any information on this....Thanks