Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

How Sweet it is!!!!!! Drop your Top!

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Zdaneman, Feb 17, 2011.

Zdaneman

Drove the old ladys Z4 3.0 si (BARBIE CAR) with the top down on my way to Heart Rehab yesterday and again today! I'm pretty sure it raised my pulse just a little.

Yes, I'm fine. Nothing but a little 100% blockage, which occured on the day after Thanksgiving...I was pulling a 185 pound field dressed deer out of the woods after bow hunting in the cold. It will take a while but I'll recover close to normal...what ever that means. Besides, you can't kill an old Green Beret. Were just too hard headed to die.

Enjoy the weather this weekend in VA...its going to be grand !

Zdaneman sends

granthr

Ooooo, don't let Satch here you say that!!!!! You won't hear the end of it! :D:p

Sorry about the heart, but sounds like you are on the road to recovery!! :) I am sure the warm air is doing you good!!!!

Zdaneman

granthr

Thanks! Yeah, I know, it'll likely cause Satch to raise his heart rate.

The rest of the story.....See my wife is a blonde and she decided she wanted a fun car and it had to be girlie looking with a drop top...so she selected a Z4? Those are her descriptions. SO, Once we got her blue 06.... I started calling it her BARBIE CAR!

Cute, hey!

Zdaneman

Deutsch Marques

Boo! I can't put the top down on the M3 yet. Even though it's supposed to be in the high 40's to mid 50's in the coming days (and I've driven plenty top down in those temps!) the car is still parked and winterized, plus I've got the insurance cut to bare minimums during non-driving season. Oh, and even if I took it out, the roads are crap! Wet, salty, more potholes than roads.

Yes... I'm jealous!

Pyewacket1

Well, down "he-ahh" in South Carolina, its sunny and the temps are in the 70's today.... So, down comes the lid on my 328i and "off" I go!!!

330indy1

Does your Z4 have a tramp stamp like Satch's?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Tramp stamp indeed!

. . . and of course my slutmobile always goes around topless. . .

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Zdaneman

Tramp Stamp

No, and the blonde driver does not have one either. I've never noticed the tramp stamp before on Satches Z-4 till just now.
    I would have never considered calling it a tramp stamp. Looks kinda "Old School" to me? But, Ok?

I think the body lines on the Z-4 show strengh, boldness and for the most part are very manly looking to me. However, My wife swears its a girls car. Then again she is a Yankee...Washeshe.

Zdaneman sends

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Ezzackery

"Old school" is indeed the term---and the motivation behind the pin-striping. Like the flames, it is designed to make the purists wretch. . .

Of course, I am probably the only one old enough to remember Von Dutch painting flames on a 300 Gullwing, which ****ed off BOTH crowds---the hot-rodders and the sports-car weenies. . .

330indy1

worth 1000 words

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]