Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Owner/Member - General Questions

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by RK Elks, Jan 23, 2011.

granthr

Sorry CR just at night!!! :D I hate lights on during the day! :D

tiFreak

if I'm in my E46 and I think of it I'll put the foglights on with the headlights :eek:

CRKrieger

That's close enough. Please don't. What you fail to consider* is that the reflected glare from your fogs still goes into the eyes of oncoming drivers, even if it isn't direct. Notice the bright pavement area in front of other cars' fogs as they approach you. That's more light in your eyes exactly when you don't need it: at night.

* This, of course, is the definition of 'inconsiderate'.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Pizzing off CR: Priceless!

I would never consider turning on fog lights in the daytime. . .

UNLESS IT'S IN WISCONSIN!!

:D :D :D

granthr

CR you shouldn't expose your achilles heel so much! LOL :D:D:D

CRKrieger

Obviously, you don't know how I feel about Bronzit ... :D

Zeichen311

Where would you rank it on a scale of "zero" to "Cashmere Beige?"
    I still can't decide whether I loathe CB more, or less, than Glacier Green...they both seem to have been so wildly unpopular that I hardly ever see examples. :confused:

(OP: Getting a good idea of what this crowd is like by now? :D)

granthr

Ah Bronzit, that wonderful color from the 80s. Seems like BMW put that on everything. I wonder if it was on the walls at corp. :D

CRKrieger

Those are two different colors? :eek:

Mostly just that BMW didn't import as many colors as they offered. On the E28, I do not think either of those latter colors was available in the US - although I think both were offered on the E24, if only briefly. However, there was a boatload of Bronzit and Delphin etas brought here to satisfy the social cravings of clueless Yuppies who only wanted the 'bigger' BMW 4-door sedan, but didn't care that it had a low-revving lump connected to a slushbox. I doubt that they would have bought many Cinnabar cars; and BMW obviously agreed, not making it available on the 528e and, conversely, not offering Bronzit on the 535is. :D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Bronzit, beige, rootbeer, Smurf blue. . .

. . . anything. . . as long as it isn't #$%^! SILVER. :eek:

Zeichen311

Yep...but after googling "BMW bronzit" images, I'm inclined to believe the current Platinum Bronze Metallic is in fact Bronzit Reborn! :eek:
    (Check the 328i Sedan configurator and judge for yourself.)

MGarrison

ehh, that doesn't even approach the wonderful golden-glittered luster that is Bronzit :p

granthr

CR are these the lights that drive you nuts??!! :D:D:D There coming for you! :p

CRKrieger

How about let's quit being so juvenile? I made a legitimate request for you to be a more considerate driver and I gave you a well-supported physiological reason why you should do it. In return, you try to make it a joke. I have run pendulum mounted Hella 500s on my own cars in the past, but not when they weren't needed - just as in two of the photos.

granthr

Oh CR I am just being a Bee in your Bonnett!! Don't let me get to you. :D:p

Actually, the Hellas on the White 325ix are pencil beams and are wired into the high beams.