Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Driving today

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Zdaneman, Jan 14, 2011.

Zdaneman

Its really great to get the little Red Monster out of the garage today. The roads are clean so I'll drive her about 30 miles today running the honey do's! I can't wait for spring so I can get her out more often!

This is likely the last opportunity since snow is on the way tonight. VA goes nuts with the salt so back in the garage she goes!!

How many weeks to spring????

Zdaneman sends

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Will Spring never get here?!

With temperatures only in the high 60s, I had to roll my shirtsleeves all the way down when we drove over the hill to Pacific Beach for lunch on Thursday![FLOATRIGHT] View attachment 3216 [/FLOATRIGHT] Thank God it warmed up for the weekend! (75 and sunny on Saturday, scattered clouds on Sunday. . . )

:D :D :D

floydarogers

Here in Seattle we have some warm 50 degree breezes off the Pacific. It's warm enough that it's mostly rain up in the mountains. That's good because I will be able to drive my 335d up to the cabin and Crystal Mt. ski area rather than my wife's Toyota Highlander.

Real people have diminished expectations compared to figments of fleeting photons in our computer systems that have somehow become known as "Satch".

Zdaneman

Satch

You are a sick and evil man! Yes, winter sucks but it also keeps my miliage on the low side.

I'm still looking for a super clean 2002, let me know if you run across one needing a good home. I've also started to think maybe an 85/86 944 Porsche!

Enjoy your warm weather!

Zdaneman sends

drummerfc

(I'll get 'em, everyone...ya ready? Heeere goes...)

Hey Satch...you droppin' $4.00 a gallon yet? Here in Joisey...yea it's cold and rainy today - but I can still by a gallon of the stuff for under 3 bucks. Nyahh Nyahh!!

:p:D

granthr

Ooo, now you got him where it hurts. Now if he would just stop posting pics of Sunny SoCal!!!!!!!! :(

drummerfc

Something tells me that ain't happenin' any time soon! :D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

San Diego gas prices

Not quite four bucks, but getting close. The highest Chevron in town seems to be in downtown PB, not La Jolla, as you might expect.

I filled up the roadster Sunday at, like, $3.699999 a gallon. Fortunately, here in Mondo Condo, we're within walking distance of Trader Joe's. . . and the Rock Bottom Brewery. It's sunny and warm---in fact, the air conditioning just came on---with knee-to-waist-high surf.

Life

is

good

granthr

Life is Good if you are in walking distance of a TJ!!!!! :D I use to be, but moved.

Surprise, our gas prices here in Central Penna are not too far behind yours. Last time I filled my truck it was almost $80. :(

Zdaneman

Gas in DC!

Rock Creek shows regular at 4.25. This is reason alone for not allowing voting rights in DC. I have no doubt this is the most expensive town in the US....except for maybe New York city.

Two more years and I'll wave goodby forever to this sewer of human beings called the National Capital Region. I need mountains, curved roads and trout water. Hello Colorado!

Zdaneman sends

drummerfc

Gas prices are about the only advantage I can think of for living in Joisey (and maybe the school systems, plus wifey is a teacher and she carries the healthcare, since I'm self-employed! :)).

I have to get one more daughter into college, the other out, then have the wife retire and (hopefully!) she'll get the retirement package that a NJ teacher is supposed to. Then I blow this craphole of a state for good! We hear the sunny South a-callin' - but one never knows where one will end up...

bcweir

Congrats!! Hoping for the best

if you're looking for a new address, Texas has two things in its favor: MILD winters (only a few days of snow per year, but we get a decent taste of it every year) and NO STATE INCOME TAX!!! Just enough snow for the kids to have some fun with, and just enough to make snow tires not a complete waste of your money and time (again only a few days of snow per year). We've gotten snow as late as mid-March to early April, but that's pretty rare.

With the exception of a few emissions counties in Texas for cars between two and 25 years old, emissions enforcement is somewhat less meddlesome than it is in CA and NY.