Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2007 MCoupe Battery charging?

Discussion in 'E85/E86 Z4 M roadster/coupe (2006-2008)' started by hutten, Jan 3, 2011.

hutten

I have a two part question:

Where are the battery terminals located in the engine compartment? I would like to put a Battery Tender on my car.

I am not sure I have the Owners manual. The materials I have are very limited 01 41 0 012 145 Manual title "Caring for Your Vehicle" . Is there a more detailed Owners Manual for the car? 2007 Z4 M Coupe
    Does anyone have the part number?

Thanks Rich

Pyewacket1

You can find your manual on-line (pdf format) at the official BMW web site.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Cont...=YKirn4PtH9ruE8grb8Fa9AwUiJIUuhkl0n 7gdp5THk=

I have an 07 Z4 Coupe (battery is in the trunk area), and I connected a tender pig-tail directly to the battery. When its on the tender, I simply run the wires our under the rear hatch lid. The seal will easily compress and not pinch the wires, if you use a bit of care in locating the wire properly.

hutten

I attached the Tender to the battery terminals, then I read in, the mentioned mannual, to jump the car via the terminals in the engine compartment ?? Oh well. Thanks for info and the link,

Rich

Pyewacket1

Most new vehicles have separate "jump" points to keep the operater safer (away from the battery) when jump-starting a car, in case the battery explodes. In the case of installing a tender, I would go directly to the battery, because you plug the tender in AFTER you have installed the + & - cables (well, if you followed the tender's instructions...).