Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Wanted: 2003 530i Wagon

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by kotodama, Dec 24, 2010.

kotodama

I'm in the market for a new BMW.

Must Have or Be:
    2003 530i Wagon
    Manual Transmission
    Sport Package

I'd Like:
    Navigation
    Premium Package
    Within 500 miles of Los Angeles
    2003 530i Sedan (If wagons are too hard to come by)
    Not Black interior or exterior
    Under 100,000 miles

Tasteful modifications are okay.

Please PM me if you have a car in mind.

Thanks,

David

granthr

Great car you are looking for there. I am guessing you will find what you want, especially since you live in So Cal. (LA is So Cal isn't it?) :confused:

Hi,

I drive a similar but older model of the same car. I searched for about 6 months to find a wagon with a manual trans and all of the sport M-style options. I do not regret my length search. I did not subject my search to a region rather I searched nationwide. I was looking for (and found) an E39 with the equipment mentioned and found 4 in the course of my search. A couple did not have seat heater (I live in Minnesota) and one had the dreaded worn out rear suspension. the car I ultimately bought was near Nashville and I had it carefully inspected by a BMW shop. I negotiated a couple repair items, sent a deposit check and flew down to buy the car and drive it home. I have done the same thing with other cars and always been happy with my purchases. I wish you luck in your search. Do not be detered by nay-sayers. Stick to your guns!

brucembergeron

Hi David,

I was wondering if you found a car similar to your specs? I have a 2003 525it with many of the options you are looking for (sport package, manual, etc). I also have most of the Dinan upgrades available for the Touring. I can tell you the car is a lot of fun, and useful. I use it daily for work as a small pickup, and I take it out to some track days now and then. It's always fun to see how well an underpowered 5 series Touring can handle a tight course like NHIS.

Wish you luck. BTW, I think 2003 Tourings only came as 525 or 540.

eam3

kotodama

I pretty much think the wagon is an impossibility so change the above to 2002-03 530i, manual tranny, sport package. I've been looking for those as well and they're nearly impossible to find as well.

Deutsch Marques

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I could have sworn the E39 530 did not come in a manual in the states. Nor did it come in a wagon. You could only get a manual or a wagon in the 528 and 540. But you could only get a manual wagon in the 528.

granthr

I think you are right! So if you want a manual wagon with sport package it has to be an early e39, 528i. I know they exist, I have seen them. All the 540i wagons are autos. Not sure, but I am guessing there are 525i wagons with a manual, but not sure if they could come with sport package.

CSBM5

Yes, from 2001-2003 you could get a 525i manual wagon with sport package. Note that like 525i sedan sport package cars, these wagons did not have shadowline exterior trim like the 528i sport pkg wagons did. From 2001 on, only the 540i spt pkg wagon had shadowline trim. Also, the sedan E39 530i was available with the manual transmission -- in fact, it was "standard", and you had to specifically order the car with the steptronic (which nearly all dealers do for lot orders of course).