Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Android Phones

Discussion in 'F01/F02 (2009-present)' started by jrjmpls, Dec 19, 2010.

jrjmpls guest

Anybody know if android phones will work for a 2011 740i for calling and transferring contacts? Thanks'

Pyewacket1

jrjmpls guest

The website doesn't answer the question.

M3Driver guest

Try posting your question in the Audio section of the forums. John Spira seems to be the electronics BMW-audio guy and perhaps he'll pick up on this and help you out.

Pyewacket1

Well, you asked a broad question.

Just because a particular phone using a a particular OS works (or doesn't work) is no guarantee another similar phone of the same brand will as well.

Bluetooth is a system implemented in different ways, by different manufacturers to different levels of degree, depending upon the model of phone.

I wish you good luck in finding your answer. You may find some assistance from your carrier. I use Verizon, and they have fairly detailed information on phone compatibility with car manufacturers. But, I might add, they make no guarantees.

In the end, you may have to use the "trial and error" method in order to find out...