Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Can anybody tell me...

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by drummerfc, Nov 8, 2010.

drummerfc

...where I can find a good, highly recommended BMW Auto Repair school?

I'm looking to turn my passion for BMWs into potentially/possibly a down-the-road income supplement, perhaps a second career, and even a retirement activity (should I ever make it, for the grace of god!). The problem is, I'd be a newby/neophyte who currently does little to none of the work on my car myself, so I'm sure I would have to start at the beginning (and I'm willing to do so).

So, if anyone knows of a good auto repair program, specializing in the BMW or German cars, specifically in the Philadelphia/Southern NJ area, please bring them to my attention. I'll welcome all reasonable suggestions on this!

Thanks in advance...

John in VA

rjcaptsean guest

Hrmm.. the "best of the best" working on BMWs and starting at 36k per year? Seems pretty entry level for a highly trained individual.

az3579

Do note; "STARTING" at 36k. The rates go much higher than that as time goes on.

It's kind of like people out on the shop floor of where I work STARTING at a minimum of $40k or so for an entry-level position. As time goes on, the salary increases along with experience.

drummerfc

Hey, thanks a lot for the link...that looks like a really cool program!!

The only problem is, I may be a little "late" to the party for that program, being that I'm 52 years old and have never attended technical/automotive school. The STEP program seems to be perfect for a young buck fresh outta high school/voccy tech/college who is looking to jump-start an auto technician career, not an old guy with kids still in school themselves.

Then again...if I bite the bullet and attend a good auto tech school at night, do really well with it, and utilize this experience with my college edumacashun and my professional computer programming experience...hmmmmmm...

Please correct me if I'm wrong on my assumptions (as usual - just ask the wife)!