Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Greetings from Sugar Land, Texas!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by TxFeatFan, Nov 8, 2010.

TxFeatFan

My daughter (15½) and I just joined this morning.:)

We drive a stock 1996 E36 M3 and will have a 2011.5 E90 M3 on order shortly (PCD). BMW's run in our bloodline, dating back to my Dad's 1800 (not Ti) sedan.

Looking forward to some autocross and fun runs in the Houston area!

Also looking forward to driving the new beast from SC back home in March!

MGarrison

Wilkommen!

Congrats on the new addition too!

Keep the 'CCA Foundation's teen-safety driving progam in mind for your daughter -

http://www.streetsurvival.org/

TxFeatFan

Thanks! We've heard some good things about the school, and will keep checking the calendar for the next Houston date next Spring.

She's also taking the BMW 2-day teen school in March at the Performance Center, and is already pretty smooth on the 5-speed stick. She sometimes gets chided by the driving school instructor for cornering too fast. Now, who taught her that? :rolleyes:

bcweir

Congrats! Welcome!

Nice looking E36 (and your daughter is pretty too!).

Welcome!

TxFeatFan

Thanks!

(Am I in for "boy trouble"?)
    [IMG]

bcweir

Wow, tough call. Crazy idea follows.

Hard to say. Id' say any potential interest would be split between your daughter and the car!

Hint, if you really want to keep the boys at bay, tell them that to date your daughter, they'd have to pass an HPDE event overseen by CR Krieger! Tell CR to go to "impossible" mode. If they pass, they get the date. If not, it's off to the "detailing" pit! You can have CR oversee that one too :p (nothing says "love" like going over an M3 with a detailing brush - "you missed a spot here, here, over beneath here, and... what are you, blind??")

But first, I think you should ask CR Krieger if he's willing to volunteer as "honorary Doberman" for both the car and the girl. LOL.

Zeichen311

Only 15½ and she dressed to match the car? I think you know the answer. ;)

:D

Oh, and by the way: Welcome to the party!

TxFeatFan

Omg

The C.R. Krieger?!? :eek: The Houston Chapter only speaks in reverent whispers when his name comes up. Does he ever leave Wisconsin?

I like the idea; akin to knights jousting to win the maiden's hand.

Next for her come the lessons in the arguments of torque-vs-horsepower, the importance of handling over straight-line speed, and when and when not to disable ASC.

bcweir

I think he did leave Wisconsin for the previous O-fest..

Yep. He's here, and posts regularly, so make sure you spellcheck!

Rumor has it, the entire state turned out the lights in his honor as he departed for O'fest 2010.:D

It's also rumored that law enforcement APOLOGIZES for pulling him over! :D

MGarrison

lol!

I don't think CR had to go too far for O'fest ought-10.... he lives about 25 miles away from Road America.... however, I can affirmatively report that I have actually seen CR at other O'fests.... out of the land of brats, beer, & cheese. :p

az3579

Hmm, reminds me of Stig quotes.

Some say... :D

Boy troubles? Let's see, Hellrot E36 M3, teenage daughter... yeah, I'd have to agree with Brian; any interest would be split between her and the car. ;)

And let's add to the CR test... must be able to do consecutive perfect heel-and-toe rev matches!

TxFeatFan

It'll be hard for them to practice those on our quiet neighborhood streets.:p But if she finds a geek we like, and he doesn't pass CR's test, Elaine can pick him up for their first date:

"Hi!" [she hands him a helmet] "The grab-handle is above your window. Hold on tight!"

bcweir

That poor nerd....

....is in for one Hellrot of a ride!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum!

I see you've already met some of our most notorious inmates!

I want to be there when her date arrives to pick her up. . . in a Prius!

We ran a letter recently from a guy whose daughter dissed a freiend's father's Porsche because it was an automatic. It sounds like here's another kid who's been raised properly!

SC

PS: Did you say Houston? Home of the TEXAS ROAD MONKEYS?

TxFeatFan

Yes! They waited until after I had joined before they admitted that it was THEY who would drive 1200 miles, through three states, over three whole days just to go from Houston to Dallas!

How long do y'think it'll take 'em to get to Alabama for the next O'fest?!? Bets, anyone?

...and I'll have to teach my daughter to be civil towards those without proper upbringing.;) My dad taught me stick on a '74 Datsun 260Z. (That was after he sold his 1800.)
    -----------------------------
    Edit: Why are there no posts in the 1800 section of the model-specific forums? Was there a flood that washed away all the old posts?

MGarrison

Nope, don't think so - there just hasn't been anybody on the forums discussing them; Plus, the current iteration of club forums is fairly recent, I think about 2.5 yrs. old. The previous forums were around for I think maybe a couple of years, but they (whoever did the forum switching/upgrading/etc) didn't migrate or archive and make accessible the prior ones, thus all the literary greatness and fabulous information that might have been gleaned from member's efforts there is lost to the sands of.... electron transmogrification, I suppose. So, even if we'd had any prior discussions on the _old_ forums about 1800's, that's gone. So, now it's up to you!