Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Need sound advice (no pun intended)

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Zdaneman, Nov 4, 2010.

Zdaneman

I'm getting ready to pull my stock anti theft Radio and 6 CD changer in order to ship it off for repair. After reviewing my Bentley manual, looks to be a fairly simple process. In fact, removing the radio from the 90 will be much eaiser than my old 88 E 30 which had an after market unit.

The process calls for removing the negative cable from the battery before removing the radio. Simple enough.

My question is ......Will there be any issues if I hook the cable back up after removing the radio and cd player so I can drive the car? Will this effect other systems, ect?

Who really needs a radio anyway!

Thanks

Zdaneman sends

CRKrieger

No and yes, if you have an OBC. You'll have to reset it to English (if that's what you use) and set the time/date - if you care. The only other 'reset' in the E30 is the radio code.

John in VA

If your head unit requires a code to restart it, make sure you have it handy.

Zdaneman

Cd Code

John,

I've got the radio code but I don't believe there is a CD code.

Wes

John in VA

You are correct.

Zdaneman

Radio & CD removed

I removed the Radio and CD player last night and shipped it out Tom's Electronics. I will post a follow up report once I get it installed.

Zdaneman sends

Zdaneman

Radio's back in.....but?

Well, I got my stock radio and BMW 6 CD changer back on Christmas Eve. I'd like to report that Tom got it fixed but thats not going to be the story. Tom found a few bad switches in the CD player and replaced them. He also had trouble locating a cable to hook the radio to the cd player. So his repair work was completed in the blind so to speak.

Now the radio plays fine, AM/FM/WB/Cassette...no issues. However, its not even recognizing the CD player now. Before it was tracking but with no sound. Now its as if the CD player is not even hooked into the system.

Is there a trick to getting the system to recognizing the CD player?

Welcome anyone who might have a suggestion on how to fix it or know of a DC/Maryland area shop that can give me a hand.

Thanks,

Zdaneman sends