Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

need new wheels for 2001 330xi

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by bflamm41, Oct 29, 2010.

bflamm41 guest

I have a 2001 330xi with 105k (original owner) on it and recently i brought my car in, since the steering wheel and car feels like its shaking at 55-65 mph, my mechanic says 3 of my 4 wheels are bent and should be replaced. 5 months ago I had similar problem and had the front wheels trued. I did this since I didn't want to buy new wheels at the time.

A friend suggested going to someplace like NTB and get my tires balanced to solve the problem and if that does help than think about buying new wheels.

If I have to buy wheels, i want to buy new oem wheels, similar to the one I have now. I having trouble finding a online site I can trust to buy them from. I've checked tirerack but can't find them.

If i can't get OEM ones, i want to buy wheels at that are tough, since the roads around here sucks and i think it causing the issue

thanks for any info

tiFreak

bavauto.com sells OEM wheels, tirerack only carries aftermarket stuff

floydarogers

OEM prices are about $300 or more apiece (I bought a couple years back). You probably would have to go to the dealer, or order from Tischer or another of the online retailers.

Try searching on Craig's list for OEM wheels - find out which style you have (probably 79 - that's what they were on my '01 330xi). Part # for them is 36116751415.
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=ES53&mospid=47726&btnr=36_0469&hg=36&fg=15
    Or, just Google "BMW 36116751415" to get some hits.

dave335

Wheels also get posted on the BMW CCA classifieds regularly. As for Tirerack, they offer a vast majority of wheels. BBS and Rials (amongst others) are OEM suppliers and offer great wheels that are strong. It all boils down to budget and style. Tirerack will also mount tires that are purchased at the same time as the wheels for no-charge. They come delivered with all the hardware and are ready to mount. Nothing but excellent experiences with TireRack and DiscountTireDirect.

sandy guest

e60 - e46 wheels

Question: will stock 535xi wheels fit on an e46 with ZHP?

John in VA

I don't know about NTB, but if you have enough tread on your tires to warrant a good balance job look for a shop offering road force balancing - http://www.gsp9700.com/. This may solve your shaking.

http://www.wheelcollision.com/cta.htm in eastern PA sells refinished original BMW wheels, and will give you a credit when you send them your wheels. Their quality is outstanding.