Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Continentals on a 528i???

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by pcbeckwith, Oct 28, 2010.

pcbeckwith

Purchased a 2010 528i in May of this year and didn't pay much attention to the tires. I awoke Friday morning to a flat tire and discovered a couple of things, 1) My car was equipped with Continental ContiTouring Contacts and 2) they were not run flats. With regard to the run flats, not a problem as I do not like them. As far as the Continentals, I was under the assumption that OEM for the 528i base were either Bridgestone or Dunlop RFT's, can someone enlighten me as to why Ihave Continentals instead of the Bridgestones or Dunlops.

floydarogers

Because they were cheaper? Because the previous owner liked Continentals? Lots of good tires out there, and Michelin, Pirelli, and Continental are/have been OEM supliers to BMW, so it's not like you've beengiven something sub-par.

BTW, lots of people liking ContiExtremeContact DWS for their cars, seem to ride very well and are quiet.

eam3

Dodged a bullet there. When I bought my CPO 330Ci the dealer put on Bridgestone RFTs on it and for the first year I wondered why everyone made such a fuss about the ZHP package. I finally got fed up over the summer and ditched the runflats for regular performance tires. The car literally woke up, the difference in ride, noise and handling is night and day.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Continentals so I'd say you did alright.

DHENRY

The Conti Touring Contacts have been superb...quiet, fine traction in all four seasons, excellent treadwear.
    They've been on my car since new (15 months and 17,000 miles).
    Don