Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Saying Hi

Discussion in 'R53 Cooper S (2001-2006)' started by Dr Obnxs, Apr 17, 2008.

Dr Obnxs guest

I've been a BMWCCA member for a bit, but just registered for the web-site. Anyway, I've got a 02 MCS with over 93k miles on it. Just stopped in to say HI.

Matt

Drillslinger guest

Can't leave you hanging like that, so "Hi" back :)
    I still haven't decided on whether or not to join. Our MINI (Drill Bit) is our first "BMW" (Yes, I said it :eek:) so I'm not sure if membership would be worth it or not... of course, being in Germany doesn't help either ;):D

Wildfamily guest

Just joined today. Figured I may as well since I'll be participating in a June lapping day/driver ed day at Spokane Raceway and need to join then anyway. Not to mention I like BMWs and Minis both. Had a 94 540i and now have 2 Minis, both R53s (one a coupe, the other a convert).

Wildfamily guest

Where in Germany? I lived in Miessenbach (near Ramstein AB) for 3 years. Loved it!

Wildfamily guest

Hi Matt,

Always love to read your tech articles in MC2. Nice work!

Drillslinger guest

I curently live in Stuttgart, but spent 12 of the last 13 years up in Bad Kreuznach :)

Dr Obnxs guest

Good to hear from other Mini owners...

I joined up cause the local BMW chapter (golden gate) is pretty active, but to tell the truth, I haven't taken much advantage of it yet. My car is pretty beat, and I'm running into a host of problems... CV joint on the driver side is shot, so the other one isn't far behind... And the clutch pedal is feelling screwy as of this morning. Don't know what it is, but it sure feels expensive!

Thanks for the kind words on the articles... Hope to keep you all happy.

Matt

MINIMM guest

Had my Dark Silver/Blk S since April 2006, love it.

It has numerous power and suspension mods along with interior and exterior mods.

It's the most fun car I've ever had to drive. My wife has an 2005 330i and I like driving my MINI more.

Also a member of Metroplex MINI.

As others have said, great work Matt on the articles in MC2, I look forward to reading them each time I receive a new issue.

Wildfamily guest

Dyno Day

Last weekend our club (PSMini.org) had a dyno day in Kirkland, WA. We had about 13 cars turn out..2002-2008, all model years represented. It was a fun and interesting day to see some many cars with so many different mods. Some performed really well and some not. Dyno runs were performed on a Dynojet dyno machine. I was pretty happy with my numbers coming in at 183HP & 163ft/lbs at the wheels. The best news was that my stock ECU was performing very well as my A/F ratios looked really good. I also installed some H&R RSS Clubsport coilovers a couple weeks ago. They handle really nice but ride a bit lower than I had expected. Will be taking it to the track in June so that will be the really test!

Lepricon guest

Just saying Hi to everybody (first post) :D

morea3ic guest

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum!

Vaya con Dios.

Wildfamily guest

Welcome Leprichon

Greetings Leprichon...I'm guessing you have a BRG Mini? Tell a bit about your car please.

Lepricon guest

Thank you :D

Lepricon guest

Actually not :D
    My wife's MINI is 2003 black with white roof CVT and it's already has 17K miles on it (it was a gift from me on her BD) :rolleyes:
    And mine is 2006 S Pepper White, LSD, manual; also 17K miles, bought it as a demo (from MountainView dealership ) car with 2K miles for pretty good price 9 month ago. :D

Dr Obnxs guest

Cool!

Drive up to Alice's (35 and 84) and drop me a line. I'll come on over (I'm just a short walk away...)

mattr@ix.netcom.com
    650-529-9793

matt

Lepricon guest

Oh, sorry, was so excited with my 1st clinic and autox in June that forgot about everything :D Are you coming for tomorrow GGC picnic? I'll be there !:)

Dr Obnxs guest

Nope...

looked fun but registration closed last night right before midnight!

Bummer for me and the kids!

Matt

Lepricon guest

I don't think anybody will complain if you join without registration :)

Dr Obnxs guest

Did you all have a fun day?

I was playing Daddy to the two girls (1 and 3) cause the wife worked that weekend. Everyone woke up wayyyyy too late...

Oh well, next year...

Matt

Lepricon guest

Well, for me it's a little bit easier. My son is 17 already :D
    BTW. Some pictures from event. I am a fat guy in a green t-shirt :)

http://web.mac.com/hic/Site/GGCsummerdrive08.html