Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Check Request form missing from October Roundel

Discussion in 'Membership Rewards Rebate' started by Zeichen311, Oct 19, 2010.

Zeichen311

Every month for years Roundel has included a page on the Membership Rewards program, right after the officers roster, affiliate discounts list and so on. The one month I finally need the thing it is, of course, nowhere to be found. :confused: The form's usual location is occupied by a full page of advertisements.

This is not even a minor inconvenience since I can download and print the electronic version. If this was an oversight this month, no harm done. However, if this was a cost-cutting measure to free up another page for advertising, the program should be listed with the rest of the member benefits, along with the web address to visit for full details (http://bmwcca.org/index.php?pageid=member_reward).

Thanks!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Well, huh!

Missing? You say the entire page was missing?

Zeichen311

Well, not "missing" as in "there's a hole in the Roundel space-time continuum"--there is no gap in the page numbers. But in the October issue, page 110 is the National Board roster, page 111 is the Club Services listing, page 112 has the Special Interest Groups and page 113 is ... all ads. That page--facing the SIG list--is usually occupied by the check request form. I checked the September, August and July issues (the earliest I have lying about) to be sure.

I scanned the whole mag three times, page by page, and if I missed it, I apparently had more beer than I realized while in Deutschland!

office guest

Correct. It was not printed in the October issue. Sometimes when there are other items that need space (Oktoberfest info, Foundation raffle, etc.) that page is left out. It can always be found in the exact same location on our website and anyone who would like it emailed can send a message to rewards@bmwcca.org and request a copy. There is of course also a hard copy in most issues. Thanks, Tricia Jones, National Office

Zeichen311

Thanks Tricia for the clarification.

Oh, and if someone in your office mentioned that a member called who didn't have an Acceptance Receipt and would call back to find out what to do: Nevermind, I found it. :eek: :)

Zeichen311

Holy ToLEEEdo, that was fast!

Paperwork mailed 10/26, delivered 11/1, check cut 11/4--and in my hands today, 11/8! My car is still afloat somewhere in the North Atlantic for cryin' out loud! :eek:

I knew you guys were good, but to get a reward check before the car comes home? That's just not right! :cool:

Seriously: Great work. Thanks a ton.
    • Staff

steven s

You can always send it back. :)

Zeichen311

No no, that's fine, it's all good. Maybe I'll just wait until redelivery to cash it. :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Speaking of re-delivery. . .

Somebody recently pointed out the coolest way to get a car: Do European delivery, the Welt, and all of that. . .

. . . and then take U.S. delivery at Spartanburg!

Zeichen311

Thought about it...but I owe the dealer too many favors, it wouldn't be fair! :cool: