Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

glimse of new 6

Discussion in 'BMW' started by bodycustom1, Oct 18, 2010.

bodycustom1

greetings
    I was on a run with my deloreon this weekend
    drining with us a ????

tiFreak

looks much nicer than the old model IMO, at least from what I can see, too bad they're not making an M6 :(

bcweir

On the contrary, my understanding is that they are going to make an M6

Will be powered by the same twin turbo V8 as the upcoming F10 based M5 -- same engine that's in the X5 and X6 M. Just won't be a V10 engine anymore for either car.

tiFreak

oh really? I guess I misunderstood when I heard they were going to stop making the M5 and M6 :eek:

bcweir

My understanding is that BMW was reasonably pleased with the M6

.......and the accompanying E63/E64 6-series body.

Commercial success is usually sufficient motivation for a sequel, in either cars or the movies.

Both the E60 M5 and the E64 M6 sold enough copies of the V10 engine to satifsy the goals BMW wanted to achieve.

Aside from the miserable gas mileage these engines achieved, they were pretty remarkable engines.

Zeichen311

True for the current iterations of these cars, both of which ceased production earlier this year. This is because the Series platforms they are based on ceased production. No Series car means no production line to assemble the M either. That may have been what misled you.

The next M5 is well along in development and will probably debut next year. I wouldn't expect to see the next M6 until late 2012 or early 2013, since we haven't even seen the final design for the new 6er yet.

granthr

So you have a BMW Rancheo ZHP and a Deloreon!! What else you got!? :D

bcweir

Just to let you both know -- it's spelled DELOREAN.

A "Deloreon" sounds like something a new car salesman would knock you unconscious with (how else are they going to sneak that "second sticker" on the window past you).